CatProductions Builder Application

CatProductions

Mummer
What is your age?
17-20

In what country are you living?
United States

Where did you first hear about WesterosCraft?
Don't Remember

What do you like the most about GoT/ASoIaF?
GRRM creates very believable characters in general. He often talks about how we all have a bit of good and evil inside of us, and I agree with that, and think he does a great job of portraying that in his books. For instance, Tyrion kills Shae, who is largely innocent, but does that make him a bad person? Not necessarily. Thinking about that kind of thing is what makes the books so intriguing for me.

What is your favorite build on our server?
Highgarden for favorite castle, and Stoney Sept for favorite town. Highgarden is just immaculately designed. The skyline is well thought out, the geometric hedge maze is visually impressive, and all of the architecture is consistent and clean. Stoney Sept offers a lot of variety in its buildings and exterior decor while maintaining a consistent style, which is impressive.

Why do you want to join our server?
I enjoy continually challenging myself build wise, and this project provides focused goals and an interesting challenge with the resource pack and new blocks.
As for what I can offer to the server, I'm a relatively experienced builder in Vanilla, having been part of the build teams of Titan's Revolt and Monumenta, two semi-notable projects. I'd say I'm best at interiors and building shape/roofs. I also have a lot of time on my hands :)

2021-05-27_20.38.24.png2021-05-27_20.16.21.png2021-05-27_20.16.17.png2021-05-27_20.16.14.png2021-05-27_20.16.11.png2021-05-27_20.16.04.png2021-05-27_23.23.34.png2021-05-27_23.23.36.png2021-05-27_23.23.39.png2021-05-27_23.23.41.png

Did you follow the application rules?
You know nothing, Jon Snow.

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey Cat,

Thanks for your patience and sorry about the delay! Feel free to ping me from now on if it's been more than a few days.

Great work with the apphouse; not really seeing any issues with it. Hope the exercise was helpful for learning our server's building style. For subsequent challenge builds, you'll be expected to build original houses of your own design, in the style of specific locations on our server. However, I recommend thinking of it similarly to the application house - except now, instead of simply replicating a house, you should try to replicate particular elements of multiple houses, and synthesize them into an original creation. After each one I'll give some feedback.

For the first challenge build, please make a middle-class house in the style of /warp tortown. Let me know if you have any questions. Good luck!

Reactions: CatProductions

CatProductions

Mummer
Sorry, I haven't had time to get to this yet. Work on another building project has picked back up, so I probably won't have time to complete my application (for my own sanity). Sorry bout that! I may apply again in the future if I'm still interested, or continue this application in a couple weeks.

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
No worries! I'll leave the thread open for now, feel free to pick it up again whenever you get the time.