Block Change Request: Retexture Acacia and Dark Oak Saplings into leafy herbs for potted plants

Margaery_Tyrell

The Dark Lord Sauron
Request: Retexture Acacia and Dark Oak Saplings into leafy herbs for potted plants

Request Type: General Addition

Try to describe all workarounds and associated issues that make it necessary to add this block in your eyes.
It's a simple retexture, no different in function and action from the other potted plants, we currently don't use them for anything and it'd be nice to have potted plants that aren't full grown saplings or flowers for a variety of functions

Acacia I feel should be retextured to the Green Leafy Herb texture

Dark Oak Sapling should be retextured to the Lady Fern texture

Types of evidence to support your request: Historical

Historical Evidence
people would put plants inside pots for medicinal and decorative purposes

File(s) attached

Attachments

• 2180224-007.jpg
    2180224-007.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 5

Margaery_Tyrell

The Dark Lord Sauron
I have textures for this request ready

hmoTeiz.png

Thyme or Rosemary

zsXU9GX.png

Basil

I ask for the saplings to be retextured solely because they can go inside flower pots, where as our other custom blocks cannot. In the texture pack they're sapling_acacia and sapling_roofed_oak

Attachments

• Basil.png
    Basil.png
    1.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Thyme.png
    Thyme.png
    1.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Thamus_Knoward

Shadowbinder
Hey Margaery_Tyrell, it's cool that you've started texturing yourself! I find that I have less and less time available to dedicate to Westeroscraft so it's good that you're stepping up :)

I love the thyme texture and think it's ready to go in as it is. But, I'm a bit unsure about the basil. It has really great plasticity but the large, thick leaves remind me a bit of heart-leafed philodendron. It just seems to be a bit off in scale, but so are many things in our resource pack. Dunno, just wanted to mention it.

Margaery_Tyrell

The Dark Lord Sauron
I think it looks fine basil plants in real life they have large leaves as seen below but if youd like to make your own texture go ahead

Attachments

• E4D3851D-3699-456E-B120-A1930666793C.jpeg
    E4D3851D-3699-456E-B120-A1930666793C.jpeg
    161.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 9777CF3B-244E-4F50-B530-3B4DE5C2F872.jpeg
    9777CF3B-244E-4F50-B530-3B4DE5C2F872.jpeg
    142.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited: