Block Change Request: Removing broken Iron Rungs/making it less likely to appear

Gealrüable

Royal Messenger
Request: Removing broken Iron Rungs/making it less likely to appear

Request Type: Change

Try to describe all current uses of the block you request to be changed. Do you foresee any issues/ problems that could result from changing the block?
This is a very minor annoyance:
The broken rung texture appears very often, which is mostly annoying when using the block as reinforcements in gates, handles, barred windows, cages, etc. (essentially for everything the block is mostly used for)

I suggest reducing the likelihood of it appearing or removing it altogether.

Gealrüable

Royal Messenger
Addendum:
In a hundred blocks the two broken rung textures appeared combined 28 times.
I would tone it down to at most 10%.

Thamus_Knoward

Shadowbinder
That's certainly possible. Although I should mention that maybe if the block is not used as intended perhaps adding blocks that fill those alternate uses should be considered instead.

Reactions: lemonbear

Gealrüable

Royal Messenger
It would be great if you Gealrüable could capture all alternate uses of the iron rungs here.
That's certainly possible. Although I should mention that maybe if the block is not used as intended perhaps adding blocks that fill those alternate uses should be considered instead.
I do not think that's necessary, except perhaps for barred windows, as (at least I think) the intended meaning for those alternative uses is easily recognizable. I'd rather have other new blocks opening new options (like tiles for Kachelöfen ;))

Reactions: AerioOndos