Block Change Request: Connect barked walls & fences & leaves

Elduwin

Skinchanger
Staff member
Request: Connect barked walls & fences & leaves

Request Type:
Change

Try to describe all current uses of the block you request to be changed. Do you foresee any issues/ problems that could result from changing the block?
Me again, with another request.

Would it be possible to change the 4 wall & fences blocks of barked wood to connect to each other and to leaves blocks?

It would make creating trees a lot easier (and realistic).

Afaik, it is possible to change this characteristic only to some walls/fences and not all (for example, the nether fence doesn't connect to other fences right now, while the others connect to each others).

I'm not sure I can think of any big issue raising from that:
- the barked walls/fences aren't used that much in ints, and not together, and not in a way where the fact that they connect would be a problem
- leaves are kept for trees and vegetation, so shouldn't change anything artificial/man-made

Last edited:

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
This request sounds reasonable to me, though I don't think it's something that I'll be able to work on as it depends on those changes being made to the underlying code for those blockstates, and thus will require red to help. It may take a while to figure something out. Nonetheless, I've moved it to in-progress.