Approved Bechester Update appeal

Patrick/Yzyc

Faith Militant
Hello all,

Since i have applied for House Goode, it falls to me to discuss the update of Bechester, wich falls into the same project.

For this update i call upon rule 2a of the no redo rule form, wich is:
Sufficient Additional Value Clause: The update under consideration adds sufficient value to the existing project. As there is no strict criteria to judge this by, it will be analyzed on a case-by-case basis. Some general principles are that an update is more likely to be allowed if it completes underdeveloped or non-existent surrounding lands. If a build has poor layout or planning to begin with, an update may be less likely to be allowed because interior/exterior updates are unlikely to solve the fundamental source of low-quality, and these efforts would be better allocated to increasing our completion rate through doing incomplete builds.

I added the Update appeal form for Bechester, below this text.

Attachments

• Update appeal Bechester.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Hey Patrick

I fear your appeal will need to be a bit more fleshed out before we will discuss it. You will need to give us a clear idea of how and what you are planning to update. Are you planning on updating the terrain and to what extent? How will you incorporate that which is already there? Are you starting from scratch? Since there is a village you want to update, it stands to reason that you make tests of how you would update this village. How will you update the style to fit modern standards, while maintaining the character and charm of the village? Examples of update appeals can be found for Amberly.

There is quite a lot to think about, so I would advise you to take your time in addressing all this and creating tests.

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey Patrick,

Thanks for being patient! The mod team has discussed this, and there don't seem to be any objections to a Bechester update, providing you stay within the bounds of an update as opposed to a full redo (i.e., respecting the general elements of the original build).

I do have some feedback for the proposed style for the update, but I'll wait to give that on the actual app.