Backmischung Builder Application

Backmischung

Mummer

Germany

I was a builder already a few years back.

I love the "The Witcher" Books by Andrzej Sapkowski

Game of Thrones

Season 1, Season 2, Season 3, Season 4, Season 5, Season 6, Season 7

I love Ned Stark for being so damn loyal till the end.

Building is all I think,

Back then I stopped building on WesterosCraft because I didn`t had much time for playing computer games. I finished school, started my apprenticeship and so on. But now I have a little more time again, so Back wants to get back. :) (sorry for any grammar errors, my english stopped developing lul)

https://imgur.com/a/Br3r1T1

YOU KNOW NOTHING, JON SNOW

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey Back, welcome back! Always nice to see some oldies returning.

Your house looks pretty good overall. My only major feedback is that we've pretty much moved on from using full log blocks in houses at all, including in the interiors. They just look too clunky. Also, I'm not sure if the food hanging up in the attic with the clothes makes sense, as they would probably hang dried herbs in the kitchen, and salted meats in a pantry or something near the kitchen.

I'd like to give one or two challenge builds just because it's been a little while and our building style has changed a bit since you were builder. A really new town location is /warp duskendale, please build a middle-class house in that style. Let me know if you have any questions!

Reactions: Backmischung

Backmischung

Mummer
Hey Emote, here is my house. It belongs to a baker who lives there with his wife and 4 children.

Reactions: DutchGuard

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey sorry for the delay!

The Duskendale house seems good and pretty much up to standards. However, Duskendale predominantly uses a "no-overhang" style on the houses, where the roof does not overhang over the front of the building. This has become a preferred building style in many places because (a) the overhang can look rather bulky, especially on facades which are not very wide, and (b) the overhang can look very top-heavy when viewed at from the side, since it extends a full block. It's still acceptable to have overhangs on row-houses in some town contexts, like Fairmarket, though it should mostly be avoided in rural areas where houses are small and can be viewed from the side easily. Overall, you should just make sure to follow the style of the project you're building at.

Otherwise, I think you're good to be re-promoted. Welcome back! :D When there's a mod in-game you should ask them to promote you to builder - you can skip the new builder phase since you're a returning builder, though since it's been a little while since you were around I'd still recommend seeking extra feedback from people with your initial builds.