Away06 Builder Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Away06

Mummer

Germany

I heard from your server a long while ago, so I'm not quite sure. As far as I can remember, i read about it in a german Online-IT-Journal.

Apart from the ASoIaF-Universe i really like the books and games of the "The Witcher"-Series

Game of Thrones
Clash of Kings

All of the above

I've got a lot of favourites, but if I had to choose, I'd take Lord Varys, for two reasons: First, because he keeps himself in the background but nevertheless stays in a very powerfull position. The other reason is that his loyalty lies with the people, and he is quite alone with that.

I've been playing MC since I was 12 years old and my passion for it is still very high(even though i did a break in the last three years). When I got 14, me and a friend of mine did something, that hardly anyone did in these days: We built our own Sever. But unlike to a lot of the others, we finished building it! It took a long time, so my endurance is quite high. I learnt a lot of MC-architecture in these days. Apart from that(even if it is not that important for building on your server), I know quite a lot about the common server-plugins like WE, etc. I also developed some own plugins for our server(which sadly doesn't exist anymore).

When I heared about WesterosCraft the first time, I immediately knew: I want to help where I can to finish this great project. That was probably three years ago. I also started building some houses to apply as a builder. But sadly I didn't have much time those days, as my studys took up a lot of it. So I dcouldn't apply. Now my studys are not that much time-consuming anymore, and when I read about the WesteosCraft-Project some days ago, my eagerness for building on your server rekindled. It would be a great honor for me to help on your project.

YOU KNOW NOTHING, JON SNOW

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: SchmiedOlaf

Arkilstorm

Dowager Countess of Grantham
Staff member
Hi Away!

Thank you for applying, Beautiful houses! Just a couple of bits of feedback:

- Firstly your brick palette is a little lacking. Placing dark cobble that close to smooth stone brick is a little jarring. You could incorporate another transitional block into the mix, so you have a more gradual move from light to dark bricks, in order to show natural weathering.

- Your lanterns on the outside of the house are currently floating. Please make sure that all lanterns are either resting on tables or are suspended on chains from the ceiling.

- In a similar fashion, you’ve places a candle block on the wall to light a room. Candles should only be placed on tables, and not on the wall.

- Your interiors are pretty decent, but be aware that there really shouldn’t be any bookcases in low/mid King’s Landing-style houses; literacy was incredibly low during this period, and books were very expensive prized possessions.

- Using full log blocks is a bit of an outdated practice in our houses, and you should consider using other blocks available to create room partitions, such as daub, wooden half doors, etc.

- I’ve noticed that within your white-daub house, you can see the brown daub of next doors house. Houses shouldn’t share a dividing wall, or else the roof wouldn’t be supported, and you also don’t end up with a weird daub mix.

- Make sure that all knife bench blocks, or any block that has the same image on all side faces, have their redundant sides covered. You should only be able to see the front side. You can hide the other with wattle fencing/half doors/firewood, or any other full block.

For your first challenge, I'd like you to build a middle-class spicer's house/shop in the style of /warp whiteharbour. Please build this in single-player and then post an album of images here for us to take a look at. Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.