Completed Application for House Blackbar of Bandallon by Enahsian

Enah

Skinchanger

For posterity, since I hadn't had time to move my old app over. For the puprose of further changes to the project from this date forward.

The castle and lands approved by EStoop and Tsarkaiser84, the Town of Blackwell approved by EStoop and AndyJones.

So, yea, also I cannot link the app without publishing it? whatever google.

Ahorn

Mummer
Hey everyone, I'd like to present to you my application for the Bandallon septry at /warp bandaseptry. I'll just post it in here with the forums stuff rather than a doc, since I'm not really familiar with that yet and there seem to be some problems getting them to work on here apparently anyways. Also this is my first app, so if anything is missing, let me know and I'll provide it asap.

Plan:
k12kgV8.png

Key:
  1. Holdfast
  2. Sept
  3. Infirmary
  4. Script
  5. Upper clergy
  6. Main hall and dormitory above
  7. Guest wing
  8. Belltower
  9. Kitchen and pantry
  10. Misc workshop area and storage
  11. Main workshop
  12. Laybrothers
  13. Fishermen houses
Depending on space at site and overall composition there migth be a small gate house and some stable boxes around 14. The green area will be gardens and allotments, layout depending on the terrain slopes at site, which in turn might move the sept around a little.
The light blue area is planned to be an apiary in a light forest edge, which makes the main economy of the septry, mead, which will be produced in and around 11. If there's still space I might add some wool/cloth production as well.

My idea for the holdfast was, to add a small spit or tombolo and therefor place the holdfast on it and having a small, sheltered bay for a fishing boat. If you think it does not fit there, is unrealistic or looks bad, I can just have the Holdfast on the main land.

Tests, also viewable at my plot /warp ahorn:
the main building:
2xjuFol.jpg

the sept:
MpEUlMn.jpg

the holdfast on the beach, there is another version with finished interior on solid ground at my plot:
DtYHpur.jpg

k87-245708.jpg

C_Fullsize1_1620x1080.jpg

newry_abbey_precinct.jpg

dev_middle_ages_b.jpg

anglo-saxon-recon-jarrow

Thanks for reading
cheers!

Enah

Skinchanger
I will need a new mod top replace stoop, this mod will be over the castle/lands with tsar and the town with andy.

Andy_Jones

Herald
Pronouns
he/him
I‘ve got your back, I‘d love to look over the lands with Tsar and the town with Andy!
I should be online again starting next week, we should talk about everything then.

Andy_Jones

Herald
Pronouns
he/him
Also as I‘ve just seen Ahorns App, how is that going? There hasn’t been a response of a moderator yet, what I‘d be happy to do, but you haven’t responded either Enah.

Enah

Skinchanger
oh, did i not? :O oh poop, well, i approve ahorn under conditions i may change thigns at my discretion

Enah

Skinchanger
Small update: I have just built the septry myself, basing heavily on romanian fortified churches with Viscri as my main insp. I did use Ahorn's HF tower and beach, and will have my Bitch, errr, I mean lovely Waz or some other good beach makers to do it throughout the rest of the lands. I have planned a small bluff along the southern shore at sunset cove, so it's nto jsut weird random beach there. I have begun making the stream through the central portion of the lands which now has some small feeder branches. working out how i want to transition the eastern side near the foothills south of Hastwyck. I am about to start plotting the final hamlet by Sunset Cove area on the Graves/Sprawlberry Fields border. Still need a 2nd mod for the town, unless it can just be Andy now. Anyways, that's about it! I hope to do some major plotting/work during my 4 days off coming up!

Wazgamer

Lord Paramount of The Riverlands
Pronouns
they/them
I will have a look at the beaches for you honourable master... I mean uhh old pal

Enah

Skinchanger
So, I am ready to submit for Post Approval of a small area of the project. In the image below is the area. It's inside the red line. Note the grass in some areas is not in place, as I don't know how to do that by voxel (i don't trust you voxel)

Also, there are like 38 houses scattered about the remaining area of the project. Please folks build some cottages for me :D Most are simple and not very hard, with the examples at /warp blackbarhall and /warp bandavassal1

Last edited:

Andy_Jones

Herald
Pronouns
he/him
Hey Enah!
As there is mostly WE left at Bandallon, I startet to work on the river and forest south of the town. I removed the old forest, as it was outdated and it's overall easier to just make a new one instead of working around the trees. Would you mind checking the area out and telling me about any changes you'd like to the following points before I start with placing the new trees?

-I'd consider the river as final if you don't want to change anything (or add more tributaries), besides the very western part. Here you've built a lot already, I'd like to work around that together with you.

-I marked the forest with light brown wool. It's larger than planned in your map now, but given the new river system towards OT and the steep slopes I figured that those could not be used for farming anyways. Be sure to mark where I should expand the forest or cut it back, as well as leave open spaces for logging/hunting camps, natural clearings or special stuff like broken towers (moved the old one to hover about its former location).

-I connected roads that were marked before or were leading into the forest. Feel free to mark any changes you want done, and/or connections to bandvassal 1 or the manor north of bandvassal 2.

Bandallon.JPG

Reactions: Wazgamer and Enah

Enah

Skinchanger
Hey, we can take that manor south of the river to orphanage, I’m rethinking that area and thought it was too close to the vassal2’s Keep. Also need a solution to the pond area west of that, as it doesn’t make sense but I wasn’t sure how to properly do the area. But the river looks great!can add more tributaries if needed.

the forest around the septry and such also needs changing over. but that might be more of a challenge than naught

Last edited:
Reactions: Wazgamer

Enah

Skinchanger
Hey, just waiting on forest mix for southwestern Reach and some cliff work around a few spots, getting the stream/river finalized and developing a new plan for the southern areas since OR terra arrived. I also need to finish the port and naval base and septet. I’m also proposing a quarry on the easternmost edge near the souther border of Hastwyck just northeast of Bandavassal1. As well as a vineyard nearby.

Reactions: Wazgamer

Enah

Skinchanger
update on this, anyone interested in the septry of Bandallon may test for it using what is already there. This will include the woolen structures, landscape to the north and northeast in the flat bits and the existing village and Septon's manor. please if anyone is so inclined, make a test and a map or mini and apply here

Reactions: Luk

Luk

Gullible
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Hello,
I'm applying to finish the Bandallon septry.

To see my take on the septry itself, please checkout my tests which are floating over the sea next to /warp bandaseptry.
Here is the map with my plans for the surrounding lands:
The lands will contain:
  • A big brewery complex immediately north of the septry's walls which makes beer and plum ale.
  • The village will mostly stay as it is now, i may add 1 or 2 houses where it fits.
  • On the north end of the village will be an Inn which sells the local brewery produce.
  • (light green areas) plum orchards and lemon groves.
  • (orange areas) hop fields for the brewery.
  • (yellow areas) big grain and veggie fields.
  • The road with the green lines on the sides will be an avenue lined with nice big trees.