Pronouns
she/her
What is your Minecraft username?
Jesuswasagirl

What is your age?
21-24

In what country are you living?
United States

Where did you first hear about WesterosCraft?
Youtube

What do you like the most about GoT/ASoIaF?
The books extremely well crafted narrative and great/interesting characters

What is your favorite build on our server?
It’s between Duskendale, Stoney Sept, Bitterbridge, Peckledon, White Harbor, and Fairmarket

Why do you want to join our server?
Building is exhausting and time consuming, but fun (also I’ve highkey been idolizing the server since like 2015)

Tell us about your build.
So my idea was to make an upper middle class family home based in fairmaket, it’s home to a relatively large family with a father who’s a jeweler who also has a pet pigeon. I’m not sure there’s much of a specific reason I chose certain materials other than that I’ve always wanted to build with proper daub and wattle, and everything else is to make it work.

B14F5ABF-E447-4188-8F96-06E20520B79E.png

Did you follow the application rules?
You know nothing, Jon Snow https://m.imgur.com/a/qOwLG4j (the files are too big to upload to the application and I don’t know how to use the link instead, so I’m posting the imgur link here)

Luk

Gullible
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Hey Aino/Jesuswasagirl,

thanks for taking the time to apply :)
For your first house that looks great already. You make good use of the new blocks too!

First of all, the thing that bugs me about the house most is that there is an anvil standing in the middle of the kitchen. Anvils are super heavy full metal objects, that you would only find in a smithy. Something i noticed too is that your interiors look pretty full and cramped. Try to think about every piece of interior "what would this be used for" and "why would it be placed here" before putting it in. Remember: less is more. That's a more advanced lesson already though :D i feel you really know how to build already. In the attic, theres some thatch that is just loosely thrown on the floor. We call that 'messy thatch'. You should try to distribute thatch into bigger lumps.
Also, the direction of the joists seems to be going parallel to the long side of the house. Joists generally stretch across the shortest distance possible. So you should try to put the rafters across the shorter side of the room.

For your first challenge, i would like you to build a farmer's house in a style that you would find around Woodwright.

Best of luck!

Luk

Gullible
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Hey,

that build looks great :)

Two things i would change though:
- You have a sausages block hanging on the wall, which isn't hanging down from any point, just floating.
- The house looks too tall in general. With the ceiling one block lower, the proportions would look better. If you take a look around Woodwright you will see that the height isn't represented there.

For your next challenge, i would like to see a house in the style of /warp ashwood

Good luck!

Luk

Gullible
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Hey there Aino!

sorry for taking a while to get back to you.

Your Ashwood house looks nice, i like the veggie garden and the exteriors.
On the inside there is quite a lot of fresh food hanging around, which is unusual for a peasant house.
Having food reserves for winter is important in the north, that would mostly consist of grains and dried-salted fish or meat, which wouldn't hang around openly though. Another thing that catches my eye is the clothesline on the outside, which looks very clumsy i feel. I wouldn't use full wall blacks for the poles. Also, i like using horizontal rope instead of wooden carpets on the tops, which looks much easier on the eye.

Overall its a good house though, i see that you looked carefully at the region that you were trying to replicate.

I would like to see one next challenge. I would like you to build a house, which would fit nice into /warp hgtown.

Good luck!

Luk

Gullible
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
I love it! very original interiors and exteriors :)

Only thing thats weird is the super high chimney, but i believe you noticed it yourself (judging by your post on discord).
Everything else looks lovely. I like the materials you used as well as the creative layout and interior decisions. Well done!

I would love to welcome you into the building team :)

Please start a probation thread over in the probation subforum. Post a note about all your builds during your probation period in that thread for further feedback.
Any further questions should be answered here: https://westeroscraft.com/wiki/guides/new-builders-guide

Welcome to the team!