AerioOndos Builder Application

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them

Britain but live in Australia

Looking around for good minecraft designs to take inspiration from. I found some of the wallpapers and then found they were from GoT/ASoIaF and then checked them out. Soon found Westeroscraft Walks and watched every episode available (about 38-48 at the time).

Nope, A Song of Ice and Fire and its surrounding mythos are my favourite amongst literature. American Gods is also another book/book series I enjoy reading and pondering about

All of the above

Season 1
Season 2
Season 6
Season 7

I have no specific favourite character but I like following the dour comments of Dolorous Edd and Barristan Selmy trying to maintain Mereen. Drogon is really my favourite though. He is such a loving, loyal child and he is always doing something cool.

My knowledge of some castles and some of my testing with builds and landscapes in minecraft. I have been working on creating realistic minecraft buildings for years but have always been blocked by the limit in variety. While many builders on this server look at images of castles and buildings for inspiration, I have been to some of the buildings of the eras featured in Westeroscraft. While some of the materials of Malbork, Wawel and Warsaw Castle may not be necessary in westeroscraft (the clay brick used to make these three buildings because there was not enough stone that could be imported) their layout and style would be easily transferable to stone bricks. The plaster coloured walls of Pieskova Skala, Wawel, Warsaw Castle and the oldtown of Warsaw itself is very similar to the Oldtown tests I have seen and by having been in those buildings as well I have good knowledge of how much room they possess and what kind of space can be used for furniture.

I want to be able to assist in the creation of the ASoIaF world in minecraft and hope Westeroscraft can one day become the MMORPG I have heard of it being planned to be.

YOU KNOW NOTHING, JON SNOW

Last edited:

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
It has been 7 days now. Should I re-submit? And btw I got plenty of time to work on Westeroscraft and have plenty of experience of making as-good-as-possible with vanilla blocks realistic minecraft buildings. Also have edited the 'what skills do I have section'

Last edited:

Enah

Skinchanger
sorry! i thought i had replied already! alright, int's are pretty good, we don;t use logs for supports much if at all these days, and your roof has some issues being too lumpy and very low and seems to be falling off the frame D: so, with roofs you wanna get a 45 degree angle, so, just steps and (though personally i hate them) one or two holes (step not lined with others) and little to no underhanging droopy thatch. some places use the eaves others have the roof flush with the side wall. so, i am going to give you a series of challenges as is the usual *dothraki chant "it is known"* your first challenge will be to build in the style of King's Landing sprawl, so, any house outside the city walls is game. please build me a low class peasant hovel. good luck!

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
A good reply to the "It is known" is the "Just so" of the former first sword of Braavos. I only read your reply and hour ago and then build a peasant house in a style closer to bandallon. ill do a KLsprawl one in the morning

Enah

Skinchanger
not bad however the multiple rooflines is kinda weird, especially the transitions between them. the stone mason would most likely not cheat himself of stone for friends however he might do the work for free if they managed to find cut stone, lol. ok, so daub needs more work, but that's a skill comes with xp. now, with sprawl/low peasants they typically have one room divided into 2 parts by a partition, usually wattle or maybe halfdoors. the rush or thatch rugs need to be connected in a larger piece, as it represents the main covering on the floor. also, a bit too much food and i am unsure if they can afford sausages, and for say the straw bedding, maybe place an herb above them to act as "flea-bane" so, i like the lil shed, the dugout part with the gates is different, also don;t use gates like that. also, use leather instead of stools in such classes, the peasants would not have access to stools with such quality. ok, so, other than that, this isn;t bad. now, i want you to really study this next one. your next challenge is to build a blacksmith in the style of sweetport! good luck!

Reactions: AerioOndos

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Could I use potted dandelion as fleabane? it looks somewhat similar and could be another way of placing fleabane

Enah

Skinchanger
you could, but they usually hung it over the beds, which sadly we don't have a plant besides herbs that does that lol, or you can ignore my lil thing and just not do it so it's not a major thing, it's really only something i personally do because i know the horrors of living with fleas D:

Reactions: AerioOndos

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them

Sweetport style Blacksmith. I had to place markers of where roads and other buildings would be. 2 adults, one young adult and a babe. 'Prentice boys sleep in the space through the very small door

Last edited:

Enah

Skinchanger
hey, sorry i was being festive most fo the time! ok, so, the daub patterns are still a bit to be desired, so jsut study how to do them over the server. the big solid daub lines do nothing to sdupport the structure, as that's what the frames do. the house is a tad too tall, but not a deal breaker but would be more at home in kl than in sweetport. you've used glass in the windows. absolutely no houses beyond the rich have glass in sweetport.
the apprentice's hole is interesting. unorthodox if not creative. don't forget to cover sides of multi-sided blocks!
for chimneys, it's ok to do wall blocks on say the top for the bit where smoke comes out or as a means to show a slope in the stone wall, but how you have a wallblock in the daub allows holes in the wall and just looks weird and doesn't feel supportive. i can;t tell if it does or not, but when doing floors/ceilings with rafters always run the shortest width. apart from a bit too much furnishings, this is pretty good so your next challenge is to be one of the hardest styles. please build a high class townhouse in the style of fairmarket with a merchant's profession

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
On to the fairmarket challengeand hope you enjoyed your festive festivities

Last edited:

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them

High class house. appears too tall on its own but not so much when surrounded by fellows. the wall with red netherbrick is shared with another building. artists suite which was juts out of the building

Enah

Skinchanger
Alright, so. Having reviewed the house a second time, and gone to Fairmarket I noticed a big discrepancy. This house is basically copied 1:1 block for block. Very few differences in the exts and ints between the two. I am quite saddened by this turn of events and I was on the verge of outright rejecting this application as we take plagiarism very seriously. So, I am going to ask you to do another challenge to regain our trust in you. . Middle class in the style of wickenden, profession of chandler (candlestick maker)

Enah

Skinchanger
Very good, I say you've done very well! glad you chose the rural style, though I was hoping for the town due to it being somewhat as hard as fm. So final challenge is low class in style of Woodwright. Thatch roofs and all that Jazz. Pay particular attention to the room sizes and roof shapes

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Been away from my computer for the last week or so. I'll get on soon to complete the challenge