68ad Builder Application

68ad

Mummer

Finland

I heard about WesterosCraft after i watched the series and i wanted to see if there was an actual world made in Minecraft about Game of Thrones, first thing that popped up when i googled Game of Thrones Minecraft server was WesterosCraft and immediately downloaded the launcher and hopped on the server.

Harry Potter, The Lord Of The Rings and Hobbit

(DID NOT ANSWER QUESTION)

Season 1, Season 2, Season 3, Season 4, Season 5, Season 6, Season 7

I think my favourite character is Jon Snow because he is just so perfect character from the beginning to the end. Jon is born natural leader and a king and maybe the toughest man i've ever seen.

I think i can bring my building skills and the fact that i want to help people if they are in need of help in anything.

I think the reason why id like to build on this server is, because i would like to be part of building an awesome server to other people so that someday it would rise and shine.

https://imgur.com/a/M3l6hte

YOU KNOW NOTHING, JON SNOW

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hey 68ad, thanks for your application, I think I was online when you visited for the first time and could tell you were really enthusiastic, so I'm glad to see you've applied to join the team.

Your app shows a lot of potential, it's clear you've put some thought into the house, I'll give you some general notes that should help with future builds. You're heading in the right direction with the shape, layout and block choices with the house but there's a few things that could be improved:
- We try to avoid using the big wooden logs too much in houses these days, it's a little outdated as a style as it looks a little clunky and repetitive when used in big towns. Instead of using logs for the cross beams in the roof, you can use rows of stairs to create the effect of rafters.
- I like all the small details of the house like the wood shopping area and adding some signs of life.

-When adding attic spaces, we always try to add wooden rafters beneath the external roof tile/shingles/thatch. A combo of wooden stairs/half doors usually does the trick like below:

Every house is defined by the economic class it belongs to, and a houses wealth will determine the kind of blocks used on it. We typically reserve that normal red bed for middle class/high class houses (the itchy straw/straw bed are most common for small low class houses), same with things like glass, paper, paintings, Faith of the Seven portraits.

Once you get the hang of our building style you'll be making immersive and interesting houses in no time.

For your first challenge build, please make a Low Class Farmer's house in the style of /warp hawthornetown and share screenshots of it in this thread. Take note of commonalities between the houses (block mix, shape of roof, size of house, interior blocks, attic spaces, mezzanine platforms) and make a house that would fit into the Hawthorne town.

Also take a look this page for some more points and examples that will help on future builds.

https://forum.westeroscraft.com/wiki/basic-building-guide-for-applicants/

Please take your time to study the style in detail, and make sure to ask if you have any questions on the above feedback or the hawthornetown style.

Good luck!