Launcher does not start the Game

LeoNaujeck

Mummer
When I try to start the game i find this error message:
Cannot run program "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_201\bin\javaw.exe" (in directory "C:\Users\franz.LAPTOP-GOFS9N27\AppData\Roaming\WesterosCraft\instances\WesterosCraftTest-1.12.2"): CreateProcess error=2, Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden (stacktrace in WesterosCraftLauncher log)
The Java Version is 64 bit and is the newest ones. When I use the Files (x86) folder I have the object heap is too low message. But if I try to make the maximum to 4G and the minimum to 3G I got this message:
Invalid maximum heap size: -Xmx4G
The specified size exceeds the maximum representable size.
Does anyone can help me?
Thank you

Iwan

Boldtown
Staff member
Moin.

First of all, you're trying to connect to our test instance, not the actual server. Change the server to WesterosCraft Production (1.11.2).

BeneLuchs

Mummer
I have a similar problem only that I did select the right instance. The error message is:
"Cannot run program "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_171\bin\javaw.exe" (in directory "C:\Users\hochw\AppData\Roaming\WesterosCraft\instances\WesterosCraft-1.11.2"): CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified (stacktrace in WesterosCraftLauncher log)"
I just updated my Java so that isn't the problem either.
Do you have another solution?

Iwan

Boldtown
Staff member

As Enah points out, it's a java issue.
The error
Code:
"Cannot run program "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_171\bin\javaw.exe"
tells us that you're trying to run the Launcher on 32bit Java. On (64bit) Windows systems, 32bit programs are per default installed in C:\Program Files(x86) while 64bit programs go to C:\Program Files.

Adjust your launcher settings under Settings > Java > Java Home Path to point to a java install at C:\Program Files. That will be the 64bit version. If there isn't any, you'll have to install it. Follow the troubleshooting guide.

tutur_le_malefique

Mummer
Hi I got an another problem. I've done all the updates etc... But I got this message in "Log" : Error occurred during initialization of VM, Could not reserve enough space for 3145728KB object heap. It is when I click on launch... But I have enough space (25.6 GB) but it doesn't work and I dont' understand the first line. So if somebody could help me :)

Iwan

Boldtown
Staff member
It's not about how much disk space you have, it's about memory/RAM.

You need to install a 64bit Java version. You're currently trying to run the game with 32bit Java. 32bit Java is limited to around 3G RAM, and we require more than that.
Refer to our troubleshooting guide for more info.

Reactions: tutur_le_malefique