Completed House Plumm - halpaca7 (reclaim)

halpaca7

Bard
Hello!

Now that I’ve returned to a full builder, I’d like to finish my project Plumm FINALLY. Unfortunately my original application is nowhere to be found, but anyway I deviated from it quite a lot.

I’d say it’s 95% complete as far as I see it. There are a couple of elements that are slightly outdated e.g. the logs on the houses and some lumpy thatch, but for the most part it’s aged well (It’s only about a year and a half old anyway). I can change the thatch easily, the logs not so much.

The editing was all done by yours truly. The castle has one small room left to finish, the holdfasts are done and so are the hamlets. Essentially I just need a mod (or two?) to do a final check over and for me to do all the post-completion stuff that I can’t remember right now.

If there’s anything else I’ve forgotten I guess I’ll be reminded.

Last edited by a moderator:

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Approved! Please let me know if you're going to make any significant changes. I'll also do a shallow sweep through it soon and see if there's anything I think is seriously outdated.

halpaca7

Bard
Plumm is DONE.

@Emot I've fixed everything you asked me to in-game. I suppose it needs one last check over but yeah, all done.

Thanks to everyone who helped. I have no idea who built all the houses because it was ages ago. Also thank you Endy for doing the last bits of editing.

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey sorry, forgot to reply to your mail in-game. From a very quick glance things seem better. I still have to do a thorough check of the houses and stuff but I’ll do that over the weekend when I have time. Don’t anticipate many problems from what I saw so far.

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey halpaca, me and codd started going over the project in more detail and left a few melons, as I see you noticed. I'll continue looking over the project in the coming days (I've been a little busier than I anticipated) and either leaving melons or messaging you in-game. A couple more things:

- Overall, I'm still noticing a lot of the bad road slabbing that I pointed out to you earlier, where there's only one row of slabs, sometimes with only corners touching. While I know it's hard to catch all of them, I would appreciate if you kept your eye out for those and be thorough about it. Also codd was noticing some areas of dirt without gravel mixed in, which is probably one of the few cases I still encourage people to randomly mix blocks these days. The dirt just looks too flat without it.

- When I was exploring before, I came across some glowstone marker in the forest, I believe in the southeast corner of the project. Now there's an abandoned road leading into the forest and then coming to a stop, so I assume you did that to take care of the glowstone? However, that feels like kind of a lazy approach and doesn't really add to immersion. Wouldn't there at least be ruins or a clearing/meadow with tree stumps or something to indicate that the road was, at one point, being used for a purpose?

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
I did a fly through, and I noticed a lot of the fields need slabbing and a good portion of pastures don't have entrances. I'll post-approve Plumm once you fix these things.