GoHummus Builder Application

GoHummus

Mummer

Finland

I watched a TIME youtube video interviewing the creator Jacob Granberry.

I like Tolkien (obviously) also Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson

Game of Thrones
Clash of Kings

All of the above

It's hard to choose, but Brynden 'Blackfish' Tully has a certain charm and badassery if you will. Although from the TV-series I would say my favorite was Thoros of Myr for his laid-back attitude.

I consider myself quite good at organic builds and such. They come really easy to me. I use symbolism if it fits. For example I made the tower's spikes remotely look like stags horns.

I've long waiting to see the day I joined a server that has buildings that don't utterly look like garbage. Have my tired eyes finally set their sight on such complete community? My heart so desires to let my fingers create a world of childlike wonder. The hunger for fulfillment creeping in the darkest corners of my soul would be finally satisfied just if my mind could pour it's infinite pool of creativity to fill this already rich canvas. In all seriousness I'm a big fan and can't wait to get down to business.

YOU KNOW NOTHING, JON SNOW

Last edited by a moderator:

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hey GoHummus
Thanks for your application and glad to see you're a fan of GoT and the fantasy genre, you've come to the right place!

Your application shows a lot of potential, it's clear you've put some thought into the house and have explored our custom block set.

I'll give you some general notes and tips which should help with future builds.

- We try to avoid using full wooden log blocks in builds these days, as when you make a whole town out of them they tend to look a little clunky/repetitive, same with fence blocks for windows.

- Low/middle class houses will generally have a ground floor that's a mix of dirt/gravel rather than wooden floorboards.

- I'm not too sure what that wall with the chunk of grey wool in it is going for but we only use wool blocks sparingly as carpets/fabric.

- the banner blocks also aren't used too often on regular houses.

- Each house will almost always double as someone's professional place of business, most often a business on the ground floor and residence upstairs (except farmers who just work in the fields).I can see you've added the market cart so perhaps the house owned is a merchant of some description, but in future it'll help to build with a specific profession in mind (e.g. carpenter, butcher, tailor, cobbler etc), as it makes finishing the whole house a lot easier.

Overall though the house and watchtower show you could make a great contribution to the server, and I'm sure you'll benefit from having a specific project style to work with.

If you haven't taken a look yet, this page has some more points and examples that will help on future builds.

https://forum.westeroscraft.com/wiki/basic-building-guide-for-applicants/

For the first challenge build, please make a Low Class Farmer's house in the style of /warp hawthornetown and share screenshots of it in this thread. Take note of commonalities between the houses (block mix, shape of roof, size of house, interior blocks). Please take your time to study the style in detail, and make sure to ask if you have any questions on the above feedback or the hawthornetown style.

Good luck!

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hey Hummus, just touching base to see if you're still interested in applying, no problem if you're busy, I'll just flag the application as suspended until you're ready to revisit it.

Cheers