Dance of Dragons

Season 1
Season 2
Season 3
Season 4
Season 5
Season 6
Season 7

That is a tough question. I think I'll have to go with The Hound. I find his lack of mercy for his opponents coupled with hid personal code of conduct most fascinating. I've enjoyed watching his evolution on the show more than other characters.

I work well with others. I find my self to be quite ingenious. I excel at solving problems that arise in creating builds. Another bonus is that I've spend many years installing windows and general renovations to real structures, so I have a good handle on how houses should be built.

I would like to rejoin the WesterosCraft build team mostly because I spend a good deal of time making pointless builds that no one will really ever see. This time and effort could be better served by building on the WesterosCraft server.

"YOU KNOW NOTHING, JON SNOW"

Last edited:

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey cfh,

Sorry for the delay, just got back to uni so I've been busy. I'm glad to see you reapplying! While your house is pretty strong in accordance with when you used to be a builder, I want to emphasize that our building style has grown a whole lot since you were last builder, and there's a number of practices in your house that would be considered outdated now. I'll run through a few of those things, and then give you a few builds in new styles to help catch you up:

- Log blocks are never used in houses anymore, they're just way too clunky and don't make a whole lot of sense.

- The daub & wattle appears to be randomized, which is a no-no; it should be done in symmetrical patterns.

- Having fence arch things over the door is usually discouraged, except in a couple rare cases (and then you usually just use horizontal slabs over the door rather than an arch shape).

- When doing stone, you want to be exceedingly careful not to have bad or messy contrast between lighter and darker blocks, such as putting small stone brick and cobble next to each other. Check out /warp gradient for some tips.

- Upside-down "U" shaped rooves (where it gets shallower at the top) are discouraged now, you generally just want to make the roof slope linear. Either 45 degrees (stair, stair, stair...) or 60 degrees (stair, block, stair, block...).

- Try to limit the number of wood types you use in a build; having oak, jungle, and spruce used all together tends to be a bit too much. Especially since oak and spruce contrast rather badly.

- The interiors seem a little messy and cluttered overall. Some of this is due to the contrast issues I mentioned earlier. Diving into rooms will also help a bit with that. You just, as an aesthetic principle, want to limit the amount of detail/contrast/etc. a person sees when they walk into the room, so there's a single focal point and an easily observable "form" to the room.

The realism aspect and other details of the house are all great! All of my feedback is just getting out of old habits pretty much. For the first challenge build, please make a middle-class house in the style of /warp woodwright. Please ask if you have any questions on anything. Good luck!

cfh0384

Storyteller
Thanks for the reply Emotione11. Sadly I will have to make this challenge build my next application build and with withdraw my application. I broke my right hand yesterday. I'll be stuck in this cast for a minimum of four weeks.