fluboss Builder Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

fluboss

Messenger

Switzerland

hm.. I'm not quite sure anymore, probably Youtube.

Inheritance Cycle, LotR, TES, Berserk

All of the above

In the beginning it was Tyrion, just because of what happened to him and his change. But now I would say Thoros von Myr, because he's drunk a lot, he has my kind of humour, he knows a lot and fights to the death for what he thinks is right. And he has an awesome sword.

I get along with people and can take critisism. Apart building: I could do some great cinematic videos (like the ones I already did). For filming I don't need builder-status, but it feels better when I can film something that I've built/helped building.

1. There is no other mc-server whitch has the same standard as WesterosCraft when it comes to quality. I'm also no fan of high fantasy buildings and like the sense of realism that is integrated in the building-style.
2. The community is great and there is a solid organisation behind it.
3. I'm a big fan of GoT (although I haven't read the books). My fandom for this universe makes me a perfectionist when it comes to building it.

YOU KNOW NOTHING, JON SNOW

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Cedo

Arkilstorm

Dowager Countess of Grantham
Staff member
Hi Fluboss,

Lovely application, and great first build. My old two pointers would be, make sure rafters always span the shortest distance.. Yours run the length of the house and wouldn't be as supportive. Also, always ensure an interesting palette in your stonework; your chimney is a little plain and could use some diversification.

Overall a lovely build.

For your first challenge build, please build a middle class house in the style of /warp woodwright. These are the houses with slate roofs and daub+wattle upper stories.

When you're done, post the link to your imgur album here.

Best of luck!

Arkilstorm

Staff member
Hey Flu, really great work on this first house! Here’s a couple of pointers:

- Don’t use trapdoors as shelves.. People click them and leave it looking a bit messy. Try using oak carpet blocks or slabs.

- There aren’t any 1m windows in Woodwright, because you can’t support the bricks above in such a small space. Make sure that all the windows/ doors/ fireplaces etc. are all properly supported above.

Other than that, this is a great build! Nicely done. For your next challenge, please build a mid/mid class house in the style of /warp hgtown. This area has a lot of fluidity in it’s style, so pick a house that will challenge you!

Best of luck!

Arkilstorm

Staff member
Another lovely build,

- For your upper floor front and back windows try using wooden half-door blocks to get around the double wide window issue you get with diagonal houses.

- With diagonal roofs, you need to use the stair blocks CTM feature, turning them sideways. Your rear lean-to is nice, but where the building steps backwards try putting the stair blocks flat against the now visible interior block, then when placing the neighboring roof blocks, it will create a stair corner. Take a look at other 45 degree roofs in HG for examples of this (it’s difficult to explain this way.. visuals are better!)

- The interiors are lovely, but a couple of pointers, ensure that all Gothic arch arrow slit windows have shutters on the inside.

- Wooden Ladders should always meet the floor. Rope ladders hang from a higher place, but wooden ladders are supported from the floor, and need to reach it.

Other than that, this build is really nice! Well done.

For your next challenge, please build a middle class tailor’s house in the style of /warp fairmarket

Best of luck!

Arkilstorm

Staff member
Hey Flu,

Another great build. Only a few pieces of feedback:

- It’s good that you use stir blocks tp represent damage to the wooden facade, but too many looks a little messy. Try to limit it to one or two maximum!

- In the attic, you’ve done well with the supporting structures, but you need to support all of the roof. Spruce slabs should rest under the jungle roofing, supported by the upturned stair blocks.

- Make sure doorways in the daub and stone are supported by wooden lintels. Take a look at interiors in Fairmarket to see how this is done.

- Again, always make sure that your standard floor/ ceiling rafters span the shortest distance between two walls (the stone walls) rather than running along the length of the room.

Other than those, this is another fine build. Nicely done Flu.

I'm happy with your builds enough for you to join our build team. Congrats!
Find me or let a mod know in-game that I've approved your application and we'll promote you to New-Builder. The next step is to start a Probation thread. One of our probation leaders will be in touch and will be reviewing all your builds for the next month. Probation guidelines can be found in the relevant subforum.

Best of luck and welcome to the team!

Status
Not open for further replies.