Approved Hammerwood by Imajic & StarCat98

IMajic

Royal Messenger
Hi all mods and builders who look at this.
The ruined Town of Hammerwood
Immersion_ by Imajic and Starcat98

Resume
not needed,
but we have lots of minis, city districts and projects under our belt.

Why build this immersion ?
I was looking at the crossroads between a major route, this sits on a border between 3 projects. That crossed a major road network in the north-east Crownlands.
This Crossroads is a major intersection from Maidenpool from the north, antlers to the west, Crackclaw kingdom to the east and Harte and onwards to Duskendale [and the capital] to the south.

Will this affect the completed area?
This area sits in a forest that was completed by An_Escaped_Duck who completed House Harte a few years ago.
I do not wish to overstep or redo the terrain or redo the forest but integrate this immersion into the area by layering the immersion into the terrain altering the plants back in place and then putting the trees back in place apart from where they intersect with the immersion itself. Maybe adding a few trees here and there to merge back in nicely to the forest, maybe adding a few details to the forest like trappers and other bushes to the ground mix, maybe also rocks to the mix of the ground.

What is this immersion exactly?
This immersion intends to be an old ruined town that was thriving during the days of the river and mud kings of old.
Maybe a small trading town when Maidenpool was still young and a similar if not smaller size. In those days there was a lot more infighting and this ancient small town lost its place to Maidenpool and shrunk and lost its wealth and prominence to Maidenpool itself.

Why is this an immersion?
StarCat98 is also interested in doing this immersion of this ancient ruined town lost in the forest and forgotten with the ages.
This Immersion is quite small in scope, it sits in the size of an immersion, not a project or a mini since it sits outside our project boundaries.
This is a coop immersion and we intend to add some cool ideas to the area and enhance the region between the projects.

placement
Screenshot 2023-03-12 at 17.39.27.pngScreenshot 2023-03-12 at 16.24.54.png

Inspiration

Atmosphere and style.
2023-03-12_16.49.59.png2023-03-12_16.50.08.png2023-03-12_16.54.34.png2023-03-12_16.54.49.png
The forest, plants and moss will reclaim a lot of the town back and most of the roads except the main crossroads will be covered will plants and moss and lost with time.
since the town would have been abandoned over 600 years ago

What will be here other than ruins?
There will also be a large Tavern, Inn and stable complex built in the last century. This Inn took this vital trade networks posibilties and set up an inn to take in travellers and tradesmen and even traders who were going from Duskendale to Maidenpool or across to antlers. Since there is money to be made by setting up here.

I was going to do the inn/tavern myself but decided it could be a chance for a new builder to do something unique. So I will save my test and use it in my own project.

I gave the opportunity for Emmanual [Maewan] a chance to do this large special build that sits within the old town ruins. I have gone over it and done some changes to fit to the style of the region and to address stylistic choices that I wanted.
2023-03-12_16.50.35.png2023-03-12_16.50.27.png
As you can see above there is also a showcase of how the ruined walls of the town will look, as well as some of the houses, some of the houses along the main road will be larger to show that they were once prominant houses of the town. going towards the walls they will be smaller houses.

Thank you.
maj

Any ideas and feedback are always nice to see.

Attachments

• 2023-03-12_16.49.59.png
    2023-03-12_16.49.59.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
  • 2023-03-12_16.54.49.png
    2023-03-12_16.54.49.png
    740 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
So, you're idea is that I town existed between MP, Duskendale and the other closest town, Rooks Rest (WIP project by Mayflumes. You'll see it in the Dance of the Dragons histories as its the site of the first proper battle)? This sounds like a good spot to capitalise on trade between the Bay of Crabs and the Gullet, cutting off the need to pay Celtigar tolls/taxes. It'd also support reasoning for Rooks Rest to exist, as traders could cut off days by sailing from duskendale to rooks rest before travelling by land

I think this is a much better approach (creating a ruined walled town on the major trade route) than putting an earthen wall around antlers, especially when we've got another extant, canon walled town in the neighbouring project

IMajic

Royal Messenger
Hi Aeks, the idea is to have an ancient ruined town 600 years before the timeline this is 300 years before Aegons conquest, this is even before Harren Hoare building Harrenhal and his grand farther conquering the riverlands.

Im talking about an ancient town here built far before the celtigers were even considered nobles as they were peasants in Valyria at the time. Maybe this would come more into ideas used at Rooks rest since they have a lot of land and cannon and the battles around rooks rest are very interesting and that project can include old rooks rest town that was burnt down as well as other parts to show that 3 large dragon battled it out. since they scorched the grounds as they battled and even the castle took a beating [not 100% on that]

So this would have been a more smaller town, since during the 3rd century Before the conquest the Riverlands were falling apart as the waining power of the river kings due to infighting. this town would have been a relative size but shrunk and lost power as the Mooten's of Maidenpool, they rose instead and most power and wealth moved to that town. This proposed town is about 1/20th the size of Maidenpool but at the time were more similar in size [non cannon] just ideas been thrown around.

This town would be considered quite ancient especially by the time of 300 ac, the old rooks rest town would have been rebuilt as the dance happened only 170 years ago. which is far shorter then the intended town which fell to ruin 600 years ago. This is why most of it lays hidden under moss and tree.

Reactions: starcat98

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Good point about the Celtigars. And yes, good idea that the town collapsed with the civil strife in the Riverlands (is it Stormlands occupation for this area 900 years prior, Dusk Kings or a free-for-all?

I really do like the idea of this immersion but need to just think on things a little bit more. Will update this message

Reactions: Finn01

IMajic

Royal Messenger
Good point about the Celtigars. And yes, good idea that the town collapsed with the civil strife in the Riverlands (is it Stormlands occupation for this area 900 years prior, Dusk Kings or a free-for-all?

I really do like the idea of this immersion but need to just think on things a little bit more. Will update this message
yeh I think the southern crownlands up to the blackwater were conquered like you said by the storm kings. -incorrect not the blackwater sorry.
edit : sorry the storm kings owned up to where this proposed town is and conquered the area at 200 Before Conquest. so yes this would have been a turmoil in this regions history.
It was said that Hoares conquered river lands 100 years before the doom. so that's 200bc
Doom-of-Valyria.jpg

Last edited:

IMajic

Royal Messenger

Hi Aeks, nothing has been addressed here further on our conversation. So wanted to discuss this further with you and [bump it back up in new posts]

I think its pretty ancient town, its non cannon town so it doesn't need to make a lot of sense.
The area I think fits well being a border town and once used for trade, its a very small ruined town, its just to give this area something since it would be tedious just to build an inn/tavern in the spot and be done with it. but to introduce an aspect to the area and make it more immersive sitting between projects in a relatively empty area. Thus the reason for the immersive project.

The the town is almost crumbled away with old stone bases of the houses, covered in moss.
most of the stone would have been taken away and reused in Maidenpool since it's not that far away and could be taken by wagon.
@aeks

an_escaped_duck

Envoy​

Builder

Looks cool and if you guys need to redevelop some of my forest go ahead.

--Thanks Duck, glad to hear from you and hope to see you come back to the server some day, last time we spoke [maybe 9 months ago] you said you might be coming back after getting a new pc, so hope to see you someday again in game.

Thanks Maj

Reactions: starcat98

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Hey maj, sorry for lack of reply, things got busy irl. But I've checked some stuff and I'm ready to approve. Good to hear Duck's signed off on it too.

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Yeah, just me will be fine. Good luck with the build, your tests so far look good. It'll be a great way to tie together the northern crownlands projects there.

Reactions: DutchGuard