Completed Probation: JarlCloud

Awesome to see you back :D
I'll gladly serve as your probation officer. I'm sure you will quickly be up to date with the current building standards :)

Build 1:
You've captured the building style perfectly. I only have two points of criticism.
You've added an outhouse. While this isn't wrong per se, outhouses should be used sparingly.
Inside, you have rafters each supported by 1x2 blocks of half doors. This makes for a very flimsy look. I would turn the rafters 90 degrees, so they are supported on both ends by the house walls.
Otherwise, good job.

Cl0udkid

Bard
Hello! Thank you for the welcome. Hope I catch up and my skills are still there!

Sorry for the coordinates! :D

I am glad you like the build, your suggestions are on point, I will get straight to fixing them as soon as I can (I will be away for the weekend).

Thank you!

Build 2:
I can tell that you have been struggling with the rafters. I can understand why, as I tried to fix them and I was struggling too. :p Next you log in, you can go see what I did to make it fit.
Personally, I am not much for closets that consists of upside-down stair blocks with doors in front of them. They look so bare when you open the doors.
On the front of the house, you have a stone shelf/door awning. I would either change this to wood or do one of the wattle flower shelves you see elsewhere in the settlement. The stone looks like it would be too heave and would become a hazard for anyone entering the house :p

Reactions: Jeffjunior77
Build 3:
The main problem I see, is again the rafters. The end rafters are spaced very close while the middle are spaced far apart. The spacing should be consistent.
Rafters should always span the shortest distance. So in the upstairs hallway, you should have the rafters rotated 90 degrees.
The only other two problems I see is that the oven in the kitchen area is very odd-looking, almost as if it hangs off the wall.
On the side of the oven is some chains which doesn't fit in a farmers house. These are mainly used for dungeons.

Cl0udkid

Bard
Ah, I hate when the rafters end up horizontally towards the stairs as it makes everything odd imo and I try my best to make it look nice. As for the oven, tried to make it so the coal blocks and the ash is not visible, but I will fix this too. I've been using the "chains" for years on many builds as fireplace tools that help you push logs to the side to make space for the food and only now I found out they are chains, haha. Thank you Spike, I will do some changes asap.

Edit: Fixed everything =)

Last edited:
Build 4:
The only issue I see is again the rafters on the downstairs floor. The spacing is uneven. I have made a copy of the floor and rafters in the air above your build where I have showed an example of how you could have done the rafters in an even spacing.
You are almost ready for fullbuilder again, I just want to see one house with rafters that are properly made.

I had a look at build 5, and everything looked great.
I think you are ready to rejoin the ranks of fullbuilder. Just remember to be careful with them Peaky rafters ;-)

Ask a mod ingame to promote you and congratulations :)