Approved House Estermont by Jeff

Jakethesnake8_8

Firemage
Pronouns
he/him
Hey Jeff, I’d strongly recommend slowing down build progress to update the terra. Currently the cliff facing open ocean is very tall and very flat. Take a look at the cliffs at Frost, they do a good job of making a more stepped cliff while maintaining their height. Similarly, the whole island is at a very steep slope, which would be problematic for people to build on. It may not seem steep in Minecraft, but a real-life equivalent slope would be too steep to build on without some seriously massive foundations and support, which would be even more important given how stormy ocean climates are, as well as the fact that Greenstone is in the Stormlands.
The main problem with Greenstone's terraforming at the moment is the cliff. I think it needs to be lowered 10-20 blocks, and the ridges and gullies need to be better defined. The steep pitch of the island means that any and all precipitation is going towards the town and castle, and at quite a speed where it could radically change the island's topography. Then you have some harsh angles in the shaping of the grassy areas. The land looks quite pointed in places, and that is quite unnatural. Aim for a more smooth look to the land, like what is being done in the green areas of Darkdell. The island is described as poor, windswept and mountainous, and right now I'm not getting the mountainous vibe. I think there should be a more central ridge, to cement the idea that this is a mountainous island.

I've attached some inspirations that you could loosely use.

Best of luck !

- Jake

Reactions: Luk and EStoop

Jeffjunior77

Printmaker
Hey Jake,

Ty for ur idea but the main inspiration for greenstone are the Färor island. I discussed with my mods and otty to use this as my main inspiration. The färör island and known for their steep straight cliffs.
Right now the main cliffs are still in a raw shape (sinze a small WE Issue from me)
Maybe that’s why they look not finished but it was my plan to make steep straight cliffs there.

Attachments

• E1A5C448-7998-46C3-A31C-1022C900D609.png
    E1A5C448-7998-46C3-A31C-1022C900D609.png
    939.4 KB · Views: 28
  • B47ED645-4C4C-4E72-BEB8-888F65631DAD.png
    B47ED645-4C4C-4E72-BEB8-888F65631DAD.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 28
  • B5843408-8743-4FAD-AB0E-AD454CF53F90.jpeg
    B5843408-8743-4FAD-AB0E-AD454CF53F90.jpeg
    49.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 22FD1ADC-5D4F-490C-9C0F-685718E78E57.jpeg
    22FD1ADC-5D4F-490C-9C0F-685718E78E57.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 21
  • E47350B4-DA2B-4FE8-A9A9-FF953C73C187.jpeg
    E47350B4-DA2B-4FE8-A9A9-FF953C73C187.jpeg
    283 KB · Views: 27

Jeffjunior77

Printmaker
This is my application for the Hamlet of Seaspur redo, these are my plans and test houses.

Thanks
JMCView attachment 13548

Red: Houses
Green: Crops
in addition, I am planing to increase the beach in size to make it a cove,
yellow: Paths

These are my house tests:

View attachment 13549

I hope you like it
Hey jmc ur plans looks good but I would love to see a ingame plotting maybe make one on ur plot. The house style is the only issue. Pls use the house styles from the greenstone town guide. Ur grandite is also not correct pls check u follow the order from dark to bright.
Jeff

Jakethesnake8_8

Firemage
Pronouns
he/him
Hey Jake,

Ty for ur idea but the main inspiration for greenstone are the Färor island. I discussed with my mods and otty to use this as my main inspiration. The färör island and known for their steep straight cliffs.
Right now the main cliffs are still in a raw shape (sinze a small WE Issue from me)
Maybe that’s why they look not finished but it was my plan to make steep straight cliffs there.
The only problem with this is the Faroe Islands do not fit the area geologically. The Faroe Islands are volcanic islands, with heavy glacial action as a result of their high latitude and climate. Their shaping is completely different to what Estermont looks like, so it doesn’t really make sense. The Faroe Islands appear to have a series of Fjords, which are exclusively glacial forms. At the latitude of Estermont, the mountains would need to be exceptionally high to have had any glaciers in the past. Moreover the scale of the island wouldn’t support glaciation. It’s too small to include the features seen at the Faroe Islands.

jmcmarq

Envoy
Here is my test house and plans for greenstone hamlet, hope u like it!
seaspur 1.jpg
seaspur plan.png
the grren are going to be three grooves,
the blue is the remains of an ancient settlement
the cyan are the crops with sheds
the purple is a sept, constin on a stone pillar
the dark red are sheds

Thanks JMC

Reactions: Jeffjunior77

Jeffjunior77

Printmaker
Hey jmc vest would be if u copy the area on ur plot and make a test plotting for the main houses. Else pls use for the houses the estermont house style it’s on my plot (/warp Jeff) or above estermont

jmcmarq

Envoy
Hey jmc vest would be if u copy the area on ur plot and make a test plotting for the main houses. Else pls use for the houses the estermont house style it’s on my plot (/warp Jeff) or above estermont
Hi, I am sending to you, the hamlet images in my plot.

Thanks for your atention7
seaspur 2.jpg

JMC

Reactions: Rexstop15
Hey yall,

I'm applying for the Mini: Watchtower on Greenstone.
2022-10-24_22.26.47-min(2).png
The style of the tower is adapted to the castle. 3 guards/soldiers and a squad leader live in the tower.
A windfree path carved into the rock leads down to the water in a small bay.There is a small stone dock.
Next to the tower there is a beacon for the back island side.

2022-10-24_22.27.11-min(1).png
A bugle is mounted on the hill above for quick warning.

Last edited:

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Imo the watchtower is a bit too wide and needs more in the way of attendant buildings, maybe some small veggie patches etc. Also this is the side of the island that will be thrashed a bit by the storms passing over Cape Wrath so it'd be pretty dangerous to try docking here. The guards would probably travel there by foot.

My reasoning behind this feedback is that the current size and width of the tower makes the hill behind it and cliffs seem small in comparison. Going for something thinner and perhaps shorter might look good. I'd also make the entrance onto the second storey, with the 'ground floor' acting more like a cellar for the tower.

Last edited:
Reactions: Azulejo
Imo the watchtower is a bit too wide and needs more in the way of attendant buildings, maybe some small veggie patches etc. Also this is the side of the island that will be thrashed a bit by the storms passing over Cape Wrath so it'd be pretty dangerous to try docking here. The guards would probably travel there by foot.

My reasoning behind this feedback is that the current size and width of the tower makes the hill behind it and cliffs seem small in comparison. Going for something thinner and perhaps shorter might look good. I'd also make the entrance onto the second storey, with the 'ground floor' acting more like a cellar for the tower.
Heyo Aeks,

i implemented your feedback in a good looking way. Thank for the advice :)
The tower is shorter than earlier, small veggies and one more floor is implemented.
There is no Dock, only a carved way down to the water.
I added a small Signalfire on the next higher visible rock.
The Door one floor higher is implemented, but i have to say that im not okay with it. Imo the old way were better because of the water/dirt running down the mountains in storm/rain. Its risky and dangerous to set the door there. It also creates more space on the second floor and looked better on the lower part.

Reactions: AerioOndos
Servus,

the Greenstone Sheep Farm is done.
2022-11-12_13.50.56-min.png
The Farmsted lays on the Hillside behind the castle in southern direction.
A Barn and a 2 small cherishs for sick or young sheeps are placed next to the House. The most sheeps will stay most of the year outside.
A small stone digged cellar for storing the crops harvest and some thatch rooves offer more space to store.
On the upper hillside is a small rabbithutch and a shrine for the shepperts.
2022-11-12_13.50.34-min.png

PS: Im not sure about the trees to the left side.

Jeffjunior77

Printmaker
Hey Everyone,

Small Update

- New Island startet
- Town is near done
- Raw Tera on main sialnd is soon done
- Kor tested a Felwood script what works well with the Mountains and cliffs, Grass scripts need some work that its fit Greenstone.
- Castle Made good progress

Also i open 2 new minis:
2023-01-25_20.01.08.png

U can see the Gold Blocks on the Second Island. They also marked on the Dyn. map with [mini]
pls test all stuff on ur Plot ty :)
Also contact me if u are interested
!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Fishing Ham
- Fishing Ham with 6-7 Houses. Add small a small wooden pier . The beach will be Sand and Sand with Stones symoblise Turtle Eggs.
- They Mainly Fish and have Sheeps on the Grasslands.
- They serv the Knight of the Island a Vasall from House Estermont.

2. The Holdfast
The general idea was a fortified House with a small tower/keep. A solider of house Estermont get it after he fought brave against the pirates and gets called a knight.

- Vasall of House Estermont.
- Give it a Older Look maybe a bit overgrwon.
- it should not be a Ruin
- give it a small stair along the cliffs that lead to a very small docs just or tiny boasts.
-make it small and fit the small island.
- Also dont make any Cave disgns. If u want to use the Space into the Rock pls give it good Support from all sides.

best Grettings Jeff

Last edited:

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
I'm not a big fan of docks on the smaller island. Maybe one wooden pier but otherwise rowing boats should be dragged up the beaches.

Reactions: Azulejo