Block Change Request: New Stone Window Type !

lounes

Poet
Request: New Stone Window Type !

Request Type:
General Addition

Try to describe all workarounds and associated issues that make it necessary to add this block in your eyes.
This type of window is called “une croisée à accolade”.

I tried (it’s my first time don’t judge me) to recreate what it would look like, based on the Sandstone Vivid Block. If you want to see how it could look with an other block, let me know
you'll find my tests here :
I’d like to add this type of window because in medieval times, it was very common, but on the server we don’t have it yet. I think it would be a great idea to have some more windows variations and to make richer windows, used in manors or high classes houses.
I know adding this could be maybe complicated, or it could in a certain way outdate some parts of the server (it’s not my attention), but as i not used everywhere, it may work.

PS : I know how the exteriors of the window look like, but I have no idea what the inside is supposed to look like. So maybe it should have two different faces ? One on the exterior, carved and cute, and maybe less detailed inside ? I don't really know

Types of evidence to support your request: Historical

Historical Evidence
As I said before it’s called a “croisée à accolade”. It dates from the XIII-XIV century and very common in France. There are also other types of windows like a “Bai géminée” (which is really cool I’ll try to make it). Also if you have English translations for these windows I would love to hear about it.

File(s) attached

Attachments

• croisée  à accoladee.jpg
    croisée à accoladee.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 20
  • 9527E3C8-1C42-49AB-AE03-B07F07F8E23F.jpeg
    9527E3C8-1C42-49AB-AE03-B07F07F8E23F.jpeg
    950.5 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Zso

Poet
Also if you have English translations for these windows I would love to hear about it
As far as i know, the shape itself is called "inflexed arch" and in architecture, these windows are called "ogee windows".

I have a lot of photos about historic windows, maybe i could upload them somewhere if there is interest in them.
Hope this helps.

lounes

Poet
The filled glass variant would also work for some requests of having a window with glass. I think EStoop asked for some
I added glass knowing that a window block is empty inside, so we would see something weird (because of the vertical stone on both sides of the window).
I hope my request is still relevant though

Reactions: Margaery_Tyrell

lounes

Poet
Also, I saw that Estoop asked for glass windows but unfortunately it would outdate some parts of the server. I think my idea is a bit different. I just tried different things including a version with glass, but what I really want is just carved stone windows, glass is optional
(please don’t reject my request lmao)

Reactions: Margaery_Tyrell