OT Team: Terraforming

Description: The Terraforming Team assists with all sorts of small and and editing tasks, which include the usual WE assistance as well as some large scale terraforming in the surrounding lands, e.g. the completion of the coast line, forests, rivers and the implementation of agriculture in the sprawl districts and projects.

Expected collective workload: large- there's a lot of work to be done, but should be quite manageble for a group of editors. Expect tasks to come up continuously, but in digestible bits.

Required Skills: Requires solid experience with WE/VS and WE scripts execution - profound terraforming knowledge is however not a necessity.

Objectives: Create or adapt agriculture/nature/vegetation style guides for the southern Reach. Have a fundamental impact on the look of Oldtowns surrounding areas - which include coastlines, forests, hills and mountains, and lots of fields and pastures.

Team Lead: Jakethesnake8_8
Team Members:
Trello: Here

Last edited by a moderator:

Jakethesnake8_8

Firemage
Pronouns
he/him
Hello! Welcome to the OT Terra team thread. I am the designated team leader here, so any applications are to go through me. Here's the team's Trello board. So basically, to apply you need to know everything Iwan said above. Once you've been accepted into the team, I'll add you to a discord chat, because that's what's convenient for people. Looking forward to working with you! - Jake

P.S. a link to Stoop and Iwan's inspiration folder for nature and geography ;)

Last edited:

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Just to add a point in here, since Scripting forests has become more prevalent, we've seen a disappearance of growth zones at the edge or forest borders. Please make sure these are included around OT.

I won't be applying for the greater OT build team, I've got too much on rn as it is but I'm willing to help advise on anything or help out.

Margaery_Tyrell

The Dark Lord Sauron
Just to add a point in here, since Scripting forests has become more prevalent, we've seen a disappearance of growth zones at the edge or forest borders. Please make sure these are included around OT.

I won't be applying for the greater OT build team, I've got too much on rn as it is but I'm willing to help advise on anything or help out.
Probably one of the most important aspects of making sure forests feel and look realistic is the growth zones at edges of forests which often can be very dense and thick

A lot of people have this image of just a forest *beginning* full grown stands of trees when its in reality a creeping living ecosystem that moves into ecological niches where more growth can commence (such as recently plowed farmland, thus requiring constant cutting back of the forest)