Completed Project Application: House Amber by EverlastEvil

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Tests are looking good, only things I can say are that maybe have a bit more of a look at some other ponds/lakes on the server. Whitegrove, Whiteharbour and Tarbeckhall.

Because it’s a manmade structure, the most biforcating makes sense to me.

With the house tests, I’d recommend creating some that are entirely wooden base. I’d also create a few ruined houses hear and there that are becoming overgrown since wood rot would eventually compromise the entirely wooden ones.

Also, I’m loving that larger hall. Simultaneously using darker pallete and similar to the newer Rills style. Just don’t go too much rills. Keep it independent.

Just suggestions, not trying to force anything on you

Hey Aeks, thanks for the feedback, glad you liked the tests!

The lake/pond shape shown in the outline is just there as a place holder for where it will be located, I'll make sure it doesn't come out looking like a simple circle lol. Thanks for suggesting those locations for me to check out!

I can definitely add wooden base houses in the project as well! For the ruined houses, I do have a plan for them, most will be near the castle ruins as shown in the outline, I didn't make tests for those because I think we all know how they would all look.

I might also add some other house tests to replace the ones I posted. I was thinking since the settlements would be Clan style, the houses should look a bit different from others in the North to show that. Down below is some inspiration for how they'll look, I'll do some testing for them!

Attachments

• Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    12.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Unknown-1.jpeg
    Unknown-1.jpeg
    8.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Unknown-2.jpeg
    Unknown-2.jpeg
    10.2 KB · Views: 7
Alrighty, after taking some time to look at Celtic houses, I was able to come up with some test! (Some are inspired by in game Celtic houses). I think this new style would better fit the clan and location aesthetic. Most will be stationed coming from the ground as shown in one of the tests, as well as using wood as the main material for the houses! I hope you guys like it!

Attachments

• 61B9280B-0698-427E-8221-A7DBFDF08829.jpeg
    61B9280B-0698-427E-8221-A7DBFDF08829.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 41
  • C53C8EFA-15BB-44E1-8496-0F7E1855D353.jpeg
    C53C8EFA-15BB-44E1-8496-0F7E1855D353.jpeg
    910.5 KB · Views: 40

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hey Kai, thanks for waiting, these are some great plans, these no-canon houses give some flexibility to get creative and I house tests you've come up with.

I do wonder how abandoned the lands would necessarily be. Though we know that the Starks ended House Amber at some stage, it might've been hundreds of years ago. Given that A World of Ice and Fire mentions them when describing the Starks reign as the Kings of Winter, they might've been destroyed before Torrhen Stark bent the knee to Aegon, which was at least 300 years ago, which would be plenty of time for another strong clan to come along to claim control of them.

So, suffice to say, I think you've got scope to add some more active, healthy communities/hamlets/holdfasts to show the area is still used and occupied after the end of the Ambers. Possibly near the stream inland around the number 4 on your map. Otherwise I think your proposal could still work if you'd prefer to focus on the ruins, we can work something out either way.

Hey Cash, glad you liked the plans! I like the idea of adding more active communities to the Amber lands, and think that locating it where the number 4 is, is a great idea since that area would’ve ended up being unoccupied. Therefore, I would like to add a small settlement along with some fields/crops in that area!

Scubooty

Bookbinder
Hey Kai, thanks for waiting, these are some great plans, these no-canon houses give some flexibility to get creative and I house tests you've come up with.

I do wonder how abandoned the lands would necessarily be. Though we know that the Starks ended House Amber at some stage, it might've been hundreds of years ago. Given that A World of Ice and Fire mentions them when describing the Starks reign as the Kings of Winter, they might've been destroyed before Torrhen Stark bent the knee to Aegon, which was at least 300 years ago, which would be plenty of time for another strong clan to come along to claim control of them.

So, suffice to say, I think you've got scope to add some more active, healthy communities/hamlets/holdfasts to show the area is still used and occupied after the end of the Ambers. Possibly near the stream inland around the number 4 on your map. Otherwise I think your proposal could still work if you'd prefer to focus on the ruins, we can work something out either way.
I do support adding some more settlements to the area I think that having projects in the North with Fewer settlements help to show that it is so vast and that there simply aren't enough people to populate such a harsh and open area.

Reactions: ViserysII
Hello everyone, I have two minis available at the moment. Both of the minis are charcoal camps found in the forests of House Amber, to apply you must provide me with a clear plotting of everything in the mini, you can do this on your plot. There's details on what I'm expecting from each mini at their locations, /warp acharcoal1 and /warp acharcoal2. If you have any questions feel free to ask me.

NOTE: Joseph has started testing for /warp acharcoal1, so if anyone else is interested you may want to tackle the other mini ;)

Joseph

Bard
Hi ever!, this is my application for the mini at /warp acharcoal1, is a little charcoal camp with 2 small houses, 2 big burners and a small burner too. You could find it at my plot on /warp joseph
Hope you like it!2021-06-03_14.10.54.png

Hey Joseph, I really like this plotting so I approve. Before moving on to pasting it back into the project, I will ask you to work on it on your plot first, take inspiration from /warp romocharcoal2 when building those burners, the houses follow the same style as my project so that's good to know... Consider the mini yours and let me know if you have any questions!

Reactions: Joseph

lounes

Poet
Hello Ever, I'm applying for the mini at /warp AcharCoal2. You'll find a picture of the plotting I made. Let me know if I should change some things about it
:)

Attachments

• 2021-06-08_02.09.44.png
    2021-06-08_02.09.44.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
I went over the plotting with Lou and did some changes to better accommodate the style of my project, with that being said, I approve Lou's test and he can claim the mini as his. Both of the minis by Joseph and Lounes are being worked on their test plots incase an approving mod has something to say about them.

Also UPDATE for my approving mods, CashBanks and Veggie on the state of Amber since I haven't done one since it first started:

• The amber mining site has been finished and can be found south of /warp amberhamlet1
  • The smallest settlement of the 3 has been finished and can be found at /warp amberhamlet1
  • The second smaller hamlet is currently a wip, and can be found at /warp Amber, the House Amber castle can also be found near the warp, only need to add some things and turn it into ruins ;)
  • Apart from the main castle ruins, ruins of a small ringfort and a holdfast can also be found around the land
  • Much of the terrain is done, as well as some forest portions near /warp acharcoal1, the wolfswood portion of Amber still need to be started and need some final terrain work
  • The abandoned quarry has not been started, and although I'm not opening it officially as a mini, if anyone is interested just let me know
  • Parts of the main settlement area have been started, such as the fields and where everything is to be located. Some stuff there will need to be redone and replotted since that area was worked on when the project first started and I think it could be better by now
  • Portions of the shores on the western part of the project are also done, others still need work
Summing it all up, I think it's safe to say the project is 75% done by now, and I'm looking to have it completely finished by the summer rookery!

Joseph

Bard
Hi Ever, It's been a long but finally I ended the mini of /warp acharcoal1, you can go and see it at my plot and if you have any suggestions or feedbacks please let me knew it.

Hello everyone, happy to announce that this project is complete!!! Thanks to everyone that has helped with the project from building to teaching me how to work with commands, We, Voxel etc… And a special thanks to Aeks for landing many of his great ideas on the project!

Already spoke with Cash, but just a heads up to Veg that due to me underestimating the size of the project when I first applied, I ended up having to add in some landmarks that weren’t mentioned in the initial app.. These include a ruined ringfort at /warp aringfort, a ruined holdfast east of /warp ambervillage2, and two charcoal camps found at /warp acharcoal1 and /warp acharcoal2. The Wolfswood portion of the project has been left unfinished, I have spoken with Cash and Carc and we were on the same page on leaving that area for when Carc starts his redo of the Wolfswood in order to keep consistency with the area!