Completed Probation - JThompy_

Ric

Ser
Staff member
Hey JT, congrats on being approved!

I'm going to be your probation leader for the following month. Just to remind you, the probation lasts for one month, during which you have to build at least 5 houses in 5 different places. I'll go over these houses and any others you build with you and if at the end of the period I judge you ready I'll promote you to full builder. I generally prefer to give feedback directly to you, but I may leave it at the house itself or post here in the thread if necessary.

Speaking on that, I had a look over your first two houses already.
  • In the first house someone already left some melons with feedback, to which I added a little more notes with the starry marble block. Please fix the issues and show me/post here the result. If you need any help be sure to ask!
  • Regarding the second house, I would like to go over it with you in-game. But basically you have to rearrange a little the interiors of the house, as well as some details you did in it. The first floor is for the work area, as you did, but the second floor could have more living space, like a kitchen and be a little more organized. I'm sure I can demonstrate it better speaking directly to you in-game.
Also, an useful tip: when making the house interiors, try to think on how people living there would walk around the house. Which places they go more often, which paths they would take. This helps make the interiors have a better "flow" and on deciding where things should go.

That's it, I hope we can catch each other in the server soon! Good luck,
Ric

JThompy_

Messenger
Hi Ric,
thanks for taking on the role as my probie leader. Just wanted to quickly ask if i should amend the mistakes (for the bullock house in this case) then reply with a pumpkin, or remove the correction signs. Also, i am on at varied times throughout the day, so feel free to message me on discord to get ahold of me - JThompy_#9984

Reactions: zac and Ric

Ric

Ser
Staff member
Hey JT, sure! And about the correction signs, you can break them if they are in your way and then add a pumpkin or a squash block above your tag saying that you fixed the issues, that should be enough

Reactions: zac

JThompy_

Messenger
3rd probie house is complete.
Co-ords - 284 58 13815
Closet warp - /warp aberfield
(sorry for the infrequency, been pretty busy irl)

JThompy_

Messenger
sorry for the long wait, I haven't been very active as of recent, i just started working.
4th house is done - a granery
Co-ords - -98 55 -6578
Closest Warp - /Warp coldonplots

Reactions: zac and Ric

Ric

Ser
Staff member
Hey JT! No worries, I've also been a bit busy these last few weeks :p

I had a look at the 4th house and left some feedback there for you, but I must say you did a good job on the exts!

Also, as today marks one month since the begining of your probation and I feel you need some more time, I'm extending your probation for one more month

Ric

Ser
Staff member
Hey JT

So after reviewing all the houses you made I think you're ready to be approved as a full builder :) You might wanna check the General Building Guidelines if you haven't already. As a full builder you can now apply for minis and, after you make some, other things that the guide explains. Next time you're online remember to ask a mod to promote you.

Remember to keep listening to feedback and improving yourself too. Congrats and welcome to the team :D
Ric