Abandoned Project Application: House Orme Update/Redo by Shymon

Shymon

Lord Lannister
Ah, ok, that sounds good. Although you should focus on the minis after you become a builder... But it’s 3 or so days, so I personally don’t mind, but idk what your probation leader and mods think of this.

Shymon

Lord Lannister
hey Shymon,
I have read your feeback and i do agree with most of it, i will break down some awnsers i wanted to give you, about the topics we discussed.

Well and Trader
The well i moved to a more central location in the village so that all the inhabitants can make use of it, its in the middle of the road leaving enough space for small carts to pass by it, and seeing as this is not a busy road this shouldnt be an issue.
As for the trader, i did some research to what in medieval times would be called a trader. You basicly had 2 kinds, the traders in the big towns would be more wealthy and are called burghers. They could get their hands on anything like spices and wine etc. And in the small hamlets you had people who could get their hands on stuff villagers would propably need, like materials iron, metal etc. It also wasnt a full time profession, the house would prob have a small shop area where some stuff would be on display but not to much its more like a home where some goods get bought and sold. This would be essential for any hamlet or village to do well. because most of these people would never visit the marked in for example Orme, but the "trader" sometimes does.

Glass Blower
I have taken your feedback and changed the house up some more, the main building is now split in 2,there is a storage for the made glass, and a space where the family would live and sleep. Also next to the furnace would be space to store wood and sand, required to make the glass. The yard has a main entrance where a cart could ride in and out. And I added a stable for the horses the glassblower would need to pull his cart to the marked. I think this would make it a full functional workshop for this profession. I made a small map where i show the locations of everything.

Sand Pits
Like shown in the earlier medieval picture there would be people working out in the woods to aquire the needed materials for the glass, in some forrest sand pits could be found, needed for making the glass, I think making a small camp to the east of the village with a little shack a fire and some tools would be nice, showing that the villagers really do go out to gather the wood and sand and other materials they need. This can be included with building the hamlet.
I added a picture to show what i mean.
Seems good to me. I like the idea of a little camp around the sand pits.
I'll require just a few more tests and I'm looking towards approving;
  • I have placed a little sample of the forest that's going to be in the area on your plot, next to the hamlet test, and I would like you to do some sand pit tests.
  • Secondly, I'd like you to do the forest glass furnaces, so I can see how would they look like in minecraft.

Patrick/Yzyc

Faith Militant
Hey there,

I added a picture of the sand pit camp concept, you asked for.
The furnace we already discussed together in game.

Everything can be found at my plot ./warp Patrick

Attachments

• sand pit.JPG
    sand pit.JPG
    190.7 KB · Views: 35
Reactions: Shymon