Approved House Cave by Majic

IMajic

Royal Messenger
Just looking at my house tests on the document, I need todo a few changes with supports, I've seen I used oak fences on some of the houses, which contrast badly. I will change that to something more appropriate, the last two don't have any roof supports so ill change that to north fence/spruce fence.

The terra that the castles is on right now is only a placeholder convex, it's only giving it the look of what its meant to be. as the castles going to built in/around a large cave opening* location found in the plans map.

thx maj

Last edited:

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Approved by me too Maj, will be great to see Crackclaw Point completed.

I love the castle in the cliff idea and using Knights_of_Ike’s old one as a ruins seems like an appropriate solution. Great research on the sinkholes and cave systems too. We have a lot of new terrain set blocks now so you'll be able to make some really cool spaces, maybe a secret Children of the Forest cave/weirwood sinkhole?

SchmiedOlaf

Storyteller
Greetings everyone,

hereby I apply for the Holdfast (number 2), which guards the eastern entrance of the northern valley of the cave-lands.

As inspiration served one image of the "Haller in Horschau" as well as several other holdfast built at Chrackclaw Point (,especially the ones near /warp dyrham3 and /warp caves1).
1616794375838.png The "Haller in Horschau"

Screenshots of my holdfast test. As a short explanation: The holdfast expanded a bit to be self sustainable and consequently the inner wall fell into disrepair.
1616794553784.png 1616794577754.png
1616794610896.png
You can see the test at /warp Olaf (it is on my bottom floor in the air to the east) :)

And also a huge shoutout to Majic, who helped me a lot!

Best regards

SchmiedOlaf

Last edited:

IMajic

Royal Messenger
Hi olaf,
we went over in game extensively to refit the build into the current existing terra yesterday,
so I'm Happy with how this is going with the look of the holdfast.

I approve this.

As the terrain for the hill is mostly done [nmf worked on the hill] - I will help you polish up the terra when its placed.

you only really need to work on the interiors and the vegetation around it, which you can do in the spot when its placed.

You just need one of the approving mods to look at this and approve it now before we can place it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ric and SchmiedOlaf

Jeffjunior77

Printmaker
Hello everyone!

This is are my Test for The HF3 in Cave i hope u like it!
Check out /warp jeff

Regards
Jeff

Attachments

• 2021-05-16_00.18.58.png
    2021-05-16_00.18.58.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 30
  • 2021-05-16_00.19.07.png
    2021-05-16_00.19.07.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 29
  • 2021-05-16_00.19.11.png
    2021-05-16_00.19.11.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 27
  • 2021-05-16_00.19.16.png
    2021-05-16_00.19.16.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 27
  • 2021-05-16_00.19.24.png
    2021-05-16_00.19.24.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 29
Last edited:

IMajic

Royal Messenger
Thanks Jeff
I approve, we went over in game, Slight changes were made.

I have finalised the terrain it sits on. [In the west of my lands]
I have copied it into place, This Holfast sits near to the castle ruins in the west.

Justification for the holdfast.
The idea of this Holdfast was that it was made from the stone left from the castle ruins (nearby), after being abandoned/destroyed in the distant past (maybe the a.o.h]. So the knightly family had been granted the land [being landed knights] to pillage the stone and found there own castle nearby.

They are a [un named] knightly vassal that rule the western hills - part of the cave lands [the forest side] = East of Maidenpool. cannon states there are hills and a forest east of Maidenpool, I also looked up that there are ruins as well in these hills.

Also the reason why the knightly house did not repair and move into the ruins is because they are to large and it is in to much disrepair and it would be to costly.

Reactions: DutchGuard

IMajic

Royal Messenger
'Monthly' UPDATE

So currently I am making good speed with this project, its getting on pretty well, there is still tons of terra todo though.

So I have mostly being doing the terrain. A big chunk of terra is done now in a lot of different locations. I've flattened and smoothed the western foothills east of maidenpool [which follows cannon]. I will need to blend the forest later on, as to blend the forest that Veggie has done on his border. (up to the foot of the hills in my border).

Risen up new mountains in the east On Simbaa's Boggs border. Carved out the 3 new valleys, levelled the ground so it follows the water courses and erosions by air/water. cave systems can be made now, (for the next phase) streams are starting to be created from these caves/mountains.

So yes the terrain is starting to become something, from ehmm what it was.

I have also worked on some of the locations swell as some others who have led some minis.

New: House style guide

I have also polished up the House style guide. Which is a merging of the Crackclaw Point styles, as it sits in the middle of the other houses.
This way it blends with the region.
2021-05-16_01.03.54.png2021-05-16_01.04.43.png2021-05-16_01.05.22.png2021-05-16_01.04.51.png2021-05-16_01.05.00.png
These are some of the cute houses found at /warp CaveH1
which shows off the houses.
thx for building here.

Also a list of Mini projects

PlaceLocationProgressLed by
Cave castle [castle](middle) /warp CavetownClosedmajic
CaveTown [village](middle) /warp CavetownClosedmajic
Hamlet 3(East) /warp Caveh1Not startedOpen for applications
holdfast1(south) /warp Cave1In progressmajic
Quarry(south) /warp [needs a warp]Not startedOpen for applications
Hamlet 1(north east) /warp Caveh1In progressmajic
Holdfast 2(north east) /warp Cavehf2completedSchmiedOlaf
Mine 1(north east) /warp [needs a warp]Not startedOpen for applications
Mine 2(north west) /warp [needs a warp]Not startedOpen for applications
Holdfast3(west) /warp [needs a warp]completedJeffJunior
Castle ruins(west) /warp CaveRuincompletedmajic
Abandoned cave village(west) /warp [needs a warp]Not startedOpen for applications

Screen Shot 2021-01-30 at 00.42.38.pngScreen Shot 2021-01-30 at 00.42.27.png

Thanks
maj

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-30 at 00.42.38.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-30 at 00.42.38.png
    952.6 KB · Views: 11

IMajic

Royal Messenger
3 monthly Update,
Not too much lately. [ Progress was good 2-3 months ago]

I haven't worked on my project for a few months other then a few small touchups to terra in my northern parts of the project at some point......

I did a huge chunk of terra in March ? and did a few small areas and Minis are complete following that date.

I would say the project is about 30% complete, so there is still a lot of work needed to pull it all together.

I also was waiting on the new blocks and the fix of the gradient for this region which has been out for a month or 2 now.
- thank you MODS/Admins.

warps with completed ish areas.
/warp cave
/warp caveruins
/warp cavehf2
/warp caveh1

Minis are as follows

PlaceLocationProgressLed by
Cave castle [castle](middle) /warp CavetownClosedmajic
CaveTown [village](middle) /warp CavetownClosedmajic
Hamlet 3(East) /warp Caveh1Not startedOpen for applications
holdfast1(south) /warp Cave1Completedmajic
Quarry(south) /warp [needs a warp]Not startedOpen for applications
Hamlet 1(north east) /warp Caveh1completedmajic
Holdfast 2(north east) /warp Cavehf2completedSchmiedOlaf
Mine 1(north east) /warp [needs a warp]Not startedOpen for applications
Mine 2(north west) /warp [needs a warp]Not startedOpen for applications
Holdfast3(west) /warp [needs a warp]completedJeffJunior
Castle ruins(west) /warp CaveRuincompletedmajic
Abandoned cave village(west) /warp [needs a warp]Not startedOpen for applications

/warp Cave hf1 = was done previously.

So most of the work is the terra, Industry, the town and castle.

All holdfasts are done, there might be another hamlet or 2 put in if there is space and people are needed to work industry.

Both Mines are open for application as well as abandoned Cave village.

Last edited:

IMajic

Royal Messenger
Sorry for late reply Dutch!

I was working on other projects in the second half of the year in 2021, helping other people with terra and also helping other people with tests for castles and towns and running a few minis.

I hadn't worked much or at all on house Cave from July-december 2021
After completing mermaids palace I kicked start work this January back on house cave and did quite a bit of work last 2 months, less then what I wanted to achieve, but still work happened.
plenty of work,
  • terra
  • the castle
  • some caves in the lands [hidden in the hills/mountains
  • I have been looking to finalise my tree set that surrounds my north/ west border
  • More work to the wetlands below the castle
  • Kor made some cool scripts for Crackclaw as well!

Here's the Castle. [in progress] [looks better in game] /warp cave

Castle Stonecliff [north side of the mountains]
    2023-01-30_22.51.57-1.png2023-01-30_22.51.30-1.png

Inspiration for the Main village on the south side of the mountains

20edc1240ddf06f08743221253830bfb-1.jpg
Main village will consist of a few houses, dilapidated, quite strong and old, showing some moderate of wealth at points in the past.

A main gate and tower similar to what is in the background for the castle gate this side of the lands. The house cave castle on this side of the mountain more acts like a gated holdfast to protect the cave entrance to Castle stone cliff on the other side of the mountain. The road connects in between and allows wagons carted by donkeys, merchants and riders on horses to pass through as well as resupply the castle during a siege on either side making the castle almost impregnable.

The village or [cavetown] will be underway once I finish of the terra this side of the hills/mountains and finalise the course of the river [see below in zone 1]
I need todo the brown sections in zone 1 that connects to zone 2 and both need finalising before the town, lil fields and plots put in place.

The 'town' will be moderately closed but people can test a house if they are interested with the inspiration I have sent if it does interest you.
Otherwise I might be doing the main settlement myself, the rural plots further downstream will be OPEN to anyone though to give newer builders a chance to build here in Crackclaw.

DIVISIONS OF HOUSE CAVE LANDS
Screenshot_2023-02-01_at_03.10.39.png
1 - House cave directly. [castle][main village] [industry] [farming] [abandoned old quarry]
2 - cadet branch of house cave. [cadet castle] [farming] [mines] [quarry]
3 - landed knights vale [border lands] [contested] [between dyreden/boggs] [small hamlet] [herders]
4 - Septry owns the lands sworn to the cave lords [has village] [logging] [hunting] [industry] [septry] [trade route to maidenpool]
5 - landed knights lands [quite forested] [hard to patrol] [hunting] [logging] [multiple ruins]

Hope this update clarifies further things, nothing in the plans has changed.
Thanks
Maj

Last edited: