Probation: Telcontaro

Telcontar

Street Preacher
Build 15 is a medium update to a house in KL. This is the house of an Alchemist and family. I was also tasked with doing the narrow alley on the east side of the house and to make it "spooky" plus give the Alchemist a connection to the undercity. Wasn't super sure how to go about this but tried my best with hanging rats and a few blood splatters, to evoke the shady nature of the alchemist/trade with the undercity ratcatchers.

I used one maester's bookshelf block to represent potions, however I'm aware that the few books on the shelf might not be appropriate for the probably-illiterate occupant, so I can change that if need be.

Build number: 15
/warp KL23b
XYZ coordinates: 3997, 71, -909

Reactions: SseriousBusiness

Telcontar

Street Preacher
Build 17 is finally done. It's a big multi-tenament in KL23B, with 6 individual houses on the upper floors with a butcher's shop and and smuggling operation on the lowest floor. The 6 individual houses were fun to design, but left me feeling quite burnt out. The layout was an interesting challenge though.

Some notes:
- I have left the wooden roof and walls unweathered since none of the other houses in the area seem to have weathering.
- There's a quill and parchment in the smuggling area below the houses. If you think that's too literate for the area, I understand. I was going for the 16th century inspired "merchant-run smuggling as profitable alternative to buisiness", rather than "desperate criminal", and the parchment is meant to represent the 16th century smuggler's well-kept ledgers and records.
- I have tried to represent a slight range of wealth within the low-class bracket.

Build number: 17
/warp KL23b
XYZ coordinates: 3973, 78, -898

Reactions: SseriousBusiness

Telcontar

Street Preacher
Build 18 is a goat barn in one of the Burley hamlets. I really enjoyed working with the snow layers to make smooth inclines, and as a small, non-house build, it was a nice palate cleanser after the long build at KL23b.

The barn contains a large goat pen, firewood store, small enclosure for chickens (we're pretty sure the vikings had them, so I assume the mountain clans do too) and a small hay loft.

Build number: 18
/warp burleyham1
XYZ coordinates: -2114, 73, -10300

Telcontar

Street Preacher
It's not a house, or even a building so probably doesn't count for probation, but I wanted a break from houses so I've built a Redwyne war galley on my test plot if you're intersested in giving feedback for that. I'll understand if you don't though! I haven't given it a ram currently, since I built it according to historical late medieval galleys and wasn't super sure if Redwyne ships were meant to have rams.

/warp telcontaro
XYZ coordinates: 538, 47, 5281

I went through all the houses Tel built, and besides some minor issues and the like, I see no reason to continue with the probation. You've achieved a very excellent level of building, specially in regards to how immersive and detailed you do them, I approve you to a full builder, congrats!!!

Last edited: