Approved Central Westerlands megabuild (Tarbeck Hall, Sarsfield, Oxcross, Hornvale) by lemonbear

Vinnie

Playwright
Hello Hello Hello!

I hope you are well Lemon and enjoying the spring weather. I am writing to apply for the HVGate Mini

Having read through the thread and application, I see that I am not the only one who has expressed interest in this mini. However, seeing as no-one has yet been approved and the project remains incomplete, I figured I'd do a test and throw my hat in the ring.

Please enjoy these images depicting my intended idea for this project.

2021-04-05_17.40.47.png2021-04-05_17.41.21.png2021-04-05_17.40.32 copy.png

As always, I ask that you please consider these images a diamond in the rough as I am always open to feedback, suggestions, and alterations.

Some personal notes: I have laid out a fairly simple plan. I know I would like the wall to move organically through the landscape, which I have attempted on my plot. However, If you feel it can be improved, by all means insert some tips in your reply. I understand you want the gate house to be fairly large and primarily militaristic. I have, therefore, gone with a fairly bulky and more simplistic gatehouse. The gatehouse test is aligned on a north/south axis but you will notice that I have plotted it on an angle to conform with the wall. We shall see how this plays out as I want to keep to my afore mentioned "organic" concept but angles be hard, yo. Lastly, taking inspo from Tommo's app, I have also considered space for a small stable as I think It would make sense for guards to keep one or two horses around for emergencies and what not.

Alright, so hope you like and thank you for your consideration. I hope to hear form you soon. Otherwise, have a great week and see you around!

~Vinnie :)

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Approved by me, just try your best to make that terra around that valley wall look impassable (so its clear attackers couldn't just walk around it). It can be tricky to make these natural defenses look...natural so feel free to touch base with me/lem/other editors for advice.

diitseiPertti

Messenger
Pronouns
he/him
I am applying for sfham3! The tests can be seen at my plot, /warp pertti
The watchtower I am still working on, but I thought I should post these here.

Attachments

• 2021-05-09_18.26.24.png
    2021-05-09_18.26.24.png
    831.8 KB · Views: 25
  • 2021-05-09_17.42.55.png
    2021-05-09_17.42.55.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 25

diitseiPertti

Messenger
Pronouns
he/him
I added some more houses according to lemon's feedback. The forums are not letting me post screenshots for some reason but I added 3 houses and another animal pen higher up on the hill near the sept

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
Just added two new minis in Hornvale lands!

Current available minis:

/warp sffarm4 - A farm complex that raises sheep, has a sheepfold, and uses the pastures on the opposite side of the road. They also take their herds to some of the high mountain pastures for grazing (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpine_transhumance). StanateeManatee: Are you still interested? I left notes in my reply to your app.

/warp sfquarry - The quarry from the original Sarsfield project. The quarry/mines themselves need serious updates, and auxiliary buildings (including storage, a smelter, and anything else) need to be added.

/warp sfseptry - A septry built by the Tarbecks during their prime. This one is in much better repair than the septry on the border with Drox because Sarsfield aided the Lannisters against the revolt. Primarily houses septons, but there are a few septas (including silent sisters for tending the dead). The septry has a large garden with medicinal herbs and functions as a hospital.

/warp sflogging - A logging camp with accompanying lumber mill. The camp is located right at the edge of a pretty big forest, and they sell wood and logs in the nearby communities and to the septry.

**NEW** /warp hvlogging - A logging camp with accompanying lumber mill. They practice selective logging and supply lumber throughout Hornvale lands. The camp should have permanent (or at least long term) structures/buildings rather than tents.

/warp hvhunter - A hunters' camp. 2-3 tents, and an area for equipment and processing caught animals.

Last edited:

Flip90

Street Preacher
Hi Lem!

Here is my app for HVHUNTER here is two tents, a cart that they would use to bring back the hunt, some meat hanging to let the blood drop out so its ready for butcher, and then a small canopy over a small butchering station. find at /warp Flip

Thanks - Flip

2021-06-09_19.20.03.png2021-06-09_19.20.12.png2021-06-09_19.19.45.png

Visstick9

Storyteller
Hey lem,

I'm applying for the logging camp at /warp hvlogging. The application is at /warp Visstick the specific coordinates are [540, 172, 5171]

here's one image:

Attachments

• 2021-06-27_13.40.12.png
    2021-06-27_13.40.12.png
    1,002.1 KB · Views: 39
Reactions: Flip90

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
Visstick9 : I have some feedback for your app.
  • The lumber mill by the river should be a water mill (similar in idea but not necessarily execution to /warp waxgloamlumber)
  • You currently use grey stones and other stylistic elements that don't fit in the Westerlands. Take a look at /warp oxcross for the general style of the area.
  • The logging camp/lumber mill area's borders are the orange glass blocks. I'd like your app to at least describe what you plan to do in the full area.
  • Are you planning to update the bridge as part of your app?
Flip90 and Homiesucc : Between the two apps, I will be going with Flip's for the hunter camp. However, I would prefer the tents to be less lumpy. Additionally, the dark thatch is fine for now, but I would much prefer dirty white wool stairs to be used once we (hopefully) get them.

Flip90

Street Preacher
So I made some changes to the shapes of the tents to smooth them out abit. I’m not sure in the angled one so lect me know what you think.

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
So, I've been considering an idea to add another entrance to the Hornvale lands for a while now. We used to have a path from the Riverlands into Hornvale, but I scrapped it to stay in line with canon saying there's only one main entrance from the Riverlands into the Westerlands (the River Road through Goldentooth). In doing terra for the valley, I realized that there's a side valley that goes straight to the Gold Road.

(Excuse my quickly drawn map)
Screen Shot 2021-09-04 at 6.07.09 PM.png

I think it might be a good idea to add a road through that valley from the Gold Road. I'd have a gate house similar to the one at the main entrance from the River Road. I could also put a village on the hills above the valley. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-04 at 6.49.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-04 at 6.49.54 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 20

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
I like the idea of having a pass/road from Hornvale to the gold road. It might be fun to have the road go up and down a few hills on the way in order to make distance feel a bit greater though

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
Yeah, it's a bit hard to represent with a map, but there are a decent number of inclines/dips on that valley between Hornvale lands and the Gold Road. I'd likely have to wind it a bit to avoid the road being too steep.

• Love
Reactions: AerioOndos

IMajic

Royal Messenger
Hi lemons.

I am Applying for the mini in Hornvale,
I have done a few mini projects before in the past for you. such as 2 that i did at Hawthorne.

Application for the Mini Project : HVHoldfast

Resume

• Projects:
House Erenford
WhiteHarbour Tanner District, and North Western Sprawl
Redlake – Cranes Hunting Manor Estate
The Shadow Tower on the wall [coop]
Wyl Cadet Branch / Vally [coop]
House Cave - IN progress = Current project

• Mini Projects:
7 Holdfasts in different projects
8 Hamlets In different projects
4 farmsteds In different projects
2 winery complexes In different projects
[some of the minis were done as co-op’s]
Also I’ve worked on terraforming in 6 different regions for peoples projects in the past such as in the
Riverlands / Westerlands /North/ Crownlands /reach and worked in Dorne for wyl

Overview
As requested from Lemonbear, to also add a small hamlet around the holdfast.

This mini project Includes a holdfast, Hamlet consisting of 7 or so houses seen via the screenshots, With a Tithe Barn which the Holdfast knight would use, send to his liege and use to feed troops. A windmill which would be 1 of the 2 professions alongside a sept for the small village/hamlet. There will also be a commune area around the well which will have a laundry area and a few fruit/vedge carts where the peasants can barter to one another.

I have done a designated overview for the yards above in glass for builders/Nbuilders to follow, as to keep this village feeling quite open upon the defensive hill but still filling in unused area. There are also little sheds/animal pens/root cellar for each plot to use and to create a wider feel to the area.

Plans
Holdfast : on the hill
Sept
Septoms cottage
6 small cottages with sheds of assortments for the small hamlets occupants.
Tithe Barn
windmill
Commune area : Well, carts, cloths drying area

2021-09-12_22.56.33.png2021-09-12_22.56.48.png2021-09-12_22.57.08.png2021-09-12_22.57.46.png2021-09-12_22.57.35.png

You can see the test in game at
/warp Greysheildtest = [then go south] / or forward from the /warp = this is kinda my test area for a few years now xD

I will also use your style guide for the houses, otherwise their will be little changes unless you do want their to be a change slightly in the palette for Hornvale

Thanks
maj

Last edited: