Probation: Mobin

Mobin

Mummer
Hello,

This is my probation thread. To start out I've been looking at /build; is that plus the plot markers the best way to find open plots? Additionally besides /crops, /jobs and /map, are there any other useful educational locations to look over? Thanks in advance, I'm really looking forward to starting!

Mobin

Mobin

Mummer
Ok my first build is at /warp thetor (4400, 60, 22930)

I did two adjacent builds. I'm not 100% sure if I did the tool shed right, I assumed it was similar to the house (abandoned, all stone, and slightly damaged)

Mobin

Mummer
Ok my first build is at /warp thetor (4400, 60, 22930)

I did two adjacent builds. I'm not 100% sure if I did the tool shed right, I assumed it was similar to the house (abandoned, all stone, and slightly damaged)
in addition to the one I updated, I also have done a butcher's shop at /warp orme (1653, 70, 15311)

Ric

Ser
Staff member
Hey Mobin! Congrats on your approval :)

I'm going to be your probation leader for the following month - tho it appears there's only 10 days left of it :p Just as a reminder: you need to build at least 5 houses in 5 different locations. You can find some open plots at /warp build or using the option "Open Plot" in the dynamic map. I'll go over the houses and give you feedback. I prefer to do it directly to you, but I may leave it there in the build or post here in the thread.

If by the end of the period (which is march 23 btw) I judge you ready, I'll promote you to full builder. If not, I'll just extend the period a little. Good luck!

Mobin

Mummer
Thanks Ric!

I just finished another one at /warp varnerham1. The coords are (2749, 52, 15425)

Mobin

Mummer
Hey Mobin! Congrats on your approval :)

I'm going to be your probation leader for the following month - tho it appears there's only 10 days left of it :p Just as a reminder: you need to build at least 5 houses in 5 different locations. You can find some open plots at /warp build or using the option "Open Plot" in the dynamic map. I'll go over the houses and give you feedback. I prefer to do it directly to you, but I may leave it there in the build or post here in the thread.

If by the end of the period (which is march 23 btw) I judge you ready, I'll promote you to full builder. If not, I'll just extend the period a little. Good luck!
And I'm mostly free for the next few days if you want to meet up and go through them

Mobin

Mummer
Sure. What times (and under which timezone) would you be able to join?
I'm in EST, so anytime today (the next 10 hours or so) except 7-8, tomorrow after 3, and I'm not sure about Wednesday, but I'll check if neither of those work out.

Ric

Ser
Staff member
I'm in EST, so anytime today (the next 10 hours or so) except 7-8, tomorrow after 3, and I'm not sure about Wednesday, but I'll check if neither of those work out.
Nice, I should be online around 8 and 9 EST today and later after that too, so if you are able to join and we catch eachother on we can have a look together at the houses :)

Ric

Ser
Staff member
Hi Mobin, I couldn't catch you online anymore after you looked thru the first two houses, unfortunately.

On your third house Jake left some notes on what should be changed. Overall the problem with the yard are two things: the crops, which are too big and blobbly (you can take inspiration in other yards around the same area on that) and that there's too much in there. When making the yards try to focus on what it's essential for the people living there (usually this means food and a workplace), but don't feel the need to fill everything, having some empty spaces with grass growing is okay. On the house interiors, you have to try finding an equilibrium between filling the space without cluttering it but not leaving it too empty.

If we can find eachother online at the same time again I would gladly help you on appling the feedback.

Also, on your probation period, it would've ended yesterday, but as I see you still need some progress I decided to extend it for one more month. If you have any questions feel free to post it here or send to me in a message :)