Completed Lonely lighthouse

JohanKR850

Royal Messenger
Lonely lighthouse

Heyo! Ive had this test around for a while around. Thought id use to fill the north, with something.

Its not inspired by anything to be honest, other than the WH lighthouse.

Skærmbillede 2020-06-08 kl. 22.21.39.png

Its nothing fancy, i know. But imagine this on a barren stretch of coast or a little rocky island in a stormy sea, and it could be cool.

Inside it has every thing for a solo lighthousekeeper/minimalist. Outside there will be nothing but a small kitchen patch, wood and a axe.

1591648470750.png1591648490188.png

I wont do the crazy amount of terra on the second picture, but something more subtle.

Skærmbillede 2020-06-08 kl. 22.42.08.png

Two locations which is best? They could both guide ships from south to north.

JohanKR850

Royal Messenger
*six months later*
Lonely lighthouse 2.0

Here is my 2.0 app for this immersion build.

This lighthouse is not inspired by anything special other than the WH lighthouse.
Skærmbillede 2020-12-17 kl. 18.27.35.pngSkærmbillede 2020-12-17 kl. 18.28.26.png

Inside it has everything a solo lighthousekeeper/minimalist needs to get through the day. Outside there will be nothing but a small kitchen where the lighthousekeeper spends his long lonely days maintaining a yard, with no company but a handfull of chickens.

The terra on all three islands will be redone. It will have low vegetation. The beaches will have some cover as seen on the first picture in the "lighthouse" spoiler. All three islands will have small sand dunes (as seen on the first picture in the "lighthouse" spoiler), that makes sailing the area tricky.

Skærmbillede 2020-12-17 kl. 18.31.29.pngSkærmbillede 2020-12-17 kl. 18.31.50.png

The lighthouse is located to warn the sailers who follow the coast, as many do. It guides them east of the small islands so big ships don't get stuck in the dunes.

The biggest of the three islands is already home to a fishing camp (/warp wwfishingcamp). I'll keep this in the spirit of the original project. I will update the camp and replace the ships with some a bit bigger (still small though).

Skærmbillede 2020-12-17 kl. 18.29.06.png

JohanKR850

Royal Messenger
Thanks for the quick approval Lem! It's all done now.

Agrhendaer took a few shaders for me :D

IJlvGeI_d.webp

JVUN89v_d.webp

See at /warp lonelylighthouse

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Hey hey, can’t see the shader pics, but that might be my potato not loading.

Just a little bit of vocab trivia, the underwater dunes are ‘sandbars’ in English. It was completely clear what you meant though. :)

Reactions: JohanKR850

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
Finally had the chance to look over your project, and I have a few things to fix before post-approval:
  • The sand needs to be smoother in areas. There are sections where it's pretty good, but there quite a few others where there are huge jumps in elevation that look very unnatural.
  • 2021-01-09_19.14.20.png2021-01-09_19.12.48.png
  • The grass mix should have a higher proportion of normal grass/fern blocks (31:1,31:2) to special grass blocks (2215 variants). Also, the green plants and heather need to be clustered more rather than evenly dispersed throughout the grass mix. The green especially is pretty eye-catching/distracting.

Reactions: JohanKR850

JohanKR850

Royal Messenger
The issues should be resolved. You were totally right about the grass thing, it was stupid of me. I also added some signs of logging on the island with the camp, to indicate that they chop their own firewood here. I smoothed the sand. And replaced all blocks of sand with 8x sand layer that removes the shadow effect, and make the transition more subtle.

EDIT: That sand layer thing creates a weird effect when is besides the water, so i replaced them back to normal if they were adjacent to the water. I just used the adjacent mask, so some places will still have shadows.

Last edited:

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
Sorry, somehow completely missed your post! I just went back to the lighthouse, and the grass and sand are a lot better now. However, there's still a lot of 2215:0, which is pretty distracting with all the movement. Once you fix that, I'll approve!