Probation: ric_games

Ric

Ser
Staff member
Probation build #1: Low-class house at /warp dd 5147 11827
Probation build #2: Low-class farmer/fisher house at /warp norreyham2 236 -14832
Probation build #3: Low-class house at Highgarden -4605 18861

Last edited:

IMajic

Royal Messenger
Hi Ric, we spoke in game over the last few days and I told you I would become your probation leader. As you know, your goal in this probation month is to build 5 houses in 5 different locations. you can of course build as many houses as you would like but the 5 is a requirement.

as you have nearly done the 5 different houses in different regions, it would be good to see you tackle a profession, check /warp jobs for some helpful profession tutorials or ask some people online. You can also check other professions for inspiration found in towns such as stoney sept and duskendale.

I will be reviewing all your plots in game and I will do a write up of them on here for you, I want you to give me the closest warp and coordinates of the plot. -which you have been doing. I find it better to give feedback in game and will put the review on here for you to go over when ever you want to look back and read. If we aren't on at the same time I will leave melons and examples above your plots aswell.

we have reviewed the 4 house plots already, so were at a good start with this. ;)

If you have any questions or need any help with anything just send me a message in game.

thanks
maj

Ric

Ser
Staff member
Probation build #6: Low-class tannery worker (that lives with his cranky mother) at /warp ss -1579 10844
Probation build #7: Low-class house at /warp dd 5099 11779
Probation build #8: Low-class baker house at /warp ss -1420 10738

Last edited:

IMajic

Royal Messenger
Probation Feedback

Probation build #1: Low-class house at /warp dd 5147 11827

Changed in game together.
1) added a shelf and basket above the bed\
2) changed the hanging foods grouped around the chimney to a better position.
3) changed the cleaver to face the front of the table and to follow the table grain (going against it is fine though)
4) changed the front porch to slabs above as it looks better then stairs on this house.
_
Probation build #2: Low-class farmer/fisher house at /warp norreyham2 236 -14832

Already approved and i did not see anything wrong with this house, good work.

_

We went over this in game and put in a few scams foy you in the yard, we neatened out the yard so it felt more whats already in hg,
1) i would like you to go back and change the x3 fireplace to a x2 fireplace as it seems bit large for this.
_
Probation build #4: Low-class house at /warp lcvillage -1253 7660

we went through this together in game- very small changes and a great house. also left a melon by n/f you can check back at (only says great house)

_
Probation build #5: Low-class farmer house at /warp ss -1467 10776

1) The carved table is used in this house, it doesn't really fit a low class being a middle class block, you also have 1 table already used here.
2) every family in a household needs heat/food/ water and shelter. these things are essential to survive (you already know of course) make sure your house have these basic things other things are non essentials but are things that are still needed like a table and bed, xD this house is missing food and water/drink, you could easily replace that carved table with one of them, so just think about the essentials and the space given inside the house.
3) at the base of the house (made of wood/planks) you should show dampness/weathering or dirt, this can be shown by using jungle blocks (on an oak/jungle wood palette) or a (jungle/spruce wood palette) I've changed this already to show you what i mean.
4) the daub pattern is done to the point it would be approved but it can be improved, it's symmetrical but it doesn't feel vertically balanced, try working vertically and working with the walls and eaves to create a better pattern. i have an example above the house in game.

_
Probation build #6: Low-class tannery worker (that lives with his cranky mother) at /warp ss -1579 10844

the daub pattern is much better on this house, its more balanced and vertical.
1) next doors shed looks out of place with your current house, the shed or the house needs to fit better, which ever one was built first, you need to make sure it works with the next-door plot, this may not be your fault, but its good for you to know this.
2) Tanner workers would work as a professional at a tanner work place, usually away from other houses because of the stench it creates. you also need a good drying facility and a good amount of space. though it seems like a small tannery i think it fits in well and does work here.
3) Make sure to check the entire house before you put the 'done block' as there was a block missing from the wall under the table which alex had filled in, so its all good but just make sure you double check it out.
4) The carved table is also used in this house, it doesn't really fit a low class being a middle class block, you also have 1 table already used here.

_
Probation build #7: Low-class house at /warp dd 5099 11779

none/no changes
good work(no yard)

_

no changes really, it is a nice bakery with a small plot for the house, so you put the profession in the yard which works well.
1) One thing to change could be the jungle wood pan to northern wood, so it looks more like a 'metal pan'
2) The daub pattern could be a bit better on the side +a 2x house is harder tho but you can use the / pattern twice. its shown on top with the other tips if you don't understand what i mean.

in game changes you need to go back and check

thanks
maj

Last edited:
Reactions: Ric

Ric

Ser
Staff member

We went over this in game and put in a few scams foy you in the yard, we neatened out the yard so it felt more whats already in hg,
1) i would like you to go back and change the x3 fireplace to a x2 fireplace as it seems bit large for this.
Changed!

Probation build #5: Low-class farmer house at /warp ss -1467 10776

1) The carved table is used in this house, it doesn't really fit a low class being a middle class block, you also have 1 table already used here.
2) every family in a household needs heat/food/ water and shelter. these things are essential to survive (you already know of course) make sure your house have these basic things other things are non essentials but are things that are still needed like a table and bed, xD this house is missing food and water/drink, you could easily replace that carved table with one of them, so just think about the essentials and the space given inside the house.
3) at the base of the house (made of wood/planks) you should show dampness/weathering or dirt, this can be shown by using jungle blocks (on an oak/jungle wood palette) or a (jungle/spruce wood palette) I've changed this already to show you what i mean.
4) the daub pattern is done to the point it would be approved but it can be improved, it's symmetrical but it doesn't feel vertically balanced, try working vertically and working with the walls and eaves to create a better pattern. i have an example above the house in game.
I added a water barrel and a grain basket, the table I replaced with drawers. I also tried to improve the pattern of the daub, not sure if I succeeded tho.

the daub pattern is much better on this house, its more balanced and vertical.
1) next doors shed looks out of place with your current house, the shed or the house needs to fit better, which ever one was built first, you need to make sure it works with the next-door plot, this may not be your fault, but its good for you to know this.
2) Tanner workers would work as a professional at a tanner work place, usually away from other houses because of the stench it creates. you also need a good drying facility and a good amount of space. though it seems like a small tannery i think it fits in well and does work here.
3) Make sure to check the entire house before you put the 'done block' as there was a block missing from the wall under the table which alex had filled in, so its all good but just make sure you double check it out.
4) The carved table is also used in this house, it doesn't really fit a low class being a middle class block, you also have 1 table already used here.
The shed was there before I built the house, along with the firewood you pointed with the stained glass. About the little tannery I made, should I replace it? My bad on the missing block and the carved table wasn't there anymore when I checked, to I let it the way it was (no carved table, just ashes and a frying pan on the ground).

no changes really, it is a nice bakery with a small plot for the house, so you put the profession in the yard which works well.
1) One thing to change could be the jungle wood pan to northern wood, so it looks more like a 'metal pan'
2) The daub pattern could be a bit better on the side +a 2x house is harder tho but you can use the / pattern twice. its shown on top with the other tips if you don't understand what i mean.
I changed the jungle wood to northern wood as you told and I tried to change the daub pattern, not sure if I succeeded in this too xD

Thanks for the tips and feedback
Ric

Last edited:
Reactions: IMajic

Ric

Ser
Staff member
Probation build #9: Low-class chandler at /warp ssplus -1748 11056 (I also did a vegetable stand along with the house)

Ric

Ser
Staff member
In the last days I've also helped Ben in the Wolf's Den, by furnishing some cells, rooms and corridors of the castle. Not sure if I should write this here, but I'm writing anyway just to be sure.

Reactions: IMajic

IMajic

Royal Messenger
Probation Feedback2

Probation build #9: Low-class chandler at /warp ssplus -1748 11056 (I also did a vegetable stand along with the house)

1) you used the candle alter block, which can work well in a large chandler but for this small house/chandler i think it doesn't really fit, also i find with this block the candles are burning and a chandler wouldn't use there own products and would not waste them. - we normally use them in septs for this reason.
-replace it with a normal candle the birch wood is a good touch though.
2)maybe some thatch reeding on the gound floor to keep it clean and warm.
3) i think the ladder is ok (being a rope ladder) and the upstairs is really cramped, its fine for this build as its a profession, i would not advise this for normal cottages though.

overall its a good chandler, nice outside/yard as well.

_
Probation build #11: Low-class farmer at /warp norrey 1042 -14921

1) on the shelf part where you have used a single basket and a double basket i would swap them over so the double basket hides the side of the drawer.
2) For the
cellar, the rafters should always go the shortest distance as i see you have put them the longest distance, i have put a little test by the feedback above the house where you could use stairs and slabs to separate the rafters better.

_
Probation build #11: Low-class farmer at /warp norrey 1042 -14921

N/A - house is great, good work, already approved

_
Probation build #12: Middle-Low class farmer at /warp lccadet -883 8023
Great work overall on this house, i don't see anything really wrong with this house. I like the change of the fireplace/chimney,
-the yard has been nicely done and feels organised and the decor like the outdoor table works well.
- I like the split sections of the 2nd floor, a nice change.

1) the mance tent half block, is that meant to be a crib, we normally use a thatch block surrounded by wattle.

one thing you could change is this, but it's totally up to you if you like this more*
- as it looks fine as it is

to

Great work on these final 4 houses/professions, also good work in wolfs den.
Its good to see you are building within the community and you have tacked a good amount of work on the server over the month.

I feel you have done really well with all your plots and you will fit well into our community,
so ask a moderator for permissions as a full builder next time you are on and they will assign a test plot for you. Your plot is yours and you can build anything on it, It's best tackle something small at first such as a mini project if thats what you intend to do. I think thats a great start but you can always continue with more houses and start testing for larger plots that require testing. Its completely up to you.

thanks again
maj

Last edited:

Ric

Ser
Staff member
Next time I go in the server I'll take care of the things you pointed out, thanks for the feedback Maj!

Thanks too for the tips and help so far, you were a great probation leader!

Thanks again for all, I hope we can talk (and build) more together in the server from now on :)

Thanks again,
Ric