General questions about WesterosCraft
Does the Windows Ten Version of Minecraft work or do I have to buy it direct from Mojang for the PC?
- In order join the server you need the "Java Edition" of Minecraft. This is the standard version compatible on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
To accomplish this we use our Forums , this Wiki , a Dynamic Map , Discord , a Custom Launcher , and the Song of Ice and Fire books in addition to hundreds of online resources that we use to learn as much as possible about the world we are building.
Most importantly, we are an open community of friends dedicated to both our loves for Minecraft and the ASoIaF series. We are welcoming to anyone who wants to join in and share in these interests!
As long as you have a legal copy of Minecraft which verifies via the Mojang servers, you should be able to use our launcher without issue. You can purchase a digital copy of Minecraft here.
- Head over to our Troubleshooting Guide. It answers the most frequent issues users had in the past, and is likely to contain the answer to your problem as well. If your problem persists you may contact us via the Support Forum.Please note that requests not following the Submission Rules will be deleted.
- We have been working on this project (creating the map) since late 2011. So far, we've redone our map a couple of times in the pursuit of creating even more incredible builds. At present we are roughly at 62% completion.
- Unfortunately, we can not make a reliable prediction about when we would be able to finish this, but we're getting closer with every house and every castle that's built. You can contribute to this by applying to become a builder!
- Here is a link to our list of WesterosCraft Projects .
- Unfortunately the whole map is not available for download. This is for a number of reasons, primarily because the map is several tens of GB in size. The map is always free to explore via our launcher.
- We provide download links to some of our most iconic locations. These places have since been remade on our server, but you may visit them by downloading them here.
- While the immediate goal is to finish Westeros, there is a great deal of interest in Essos and its creation. It is more than likely we will create all of Essos, but it will still be quite some time before we get there.
- Guest: This is the default starting rank. Whilst Guests are unable to alter the map, they are free to engage with builders, and explore the various cities and towns across Westeros.
- NewBuilder, [N]-Builder: Also called Probation Builder, or Probie. They have permissions to build, but are required to meet certain requirements. An experienced builder assists them during their first weeks of being a builder, ensuring that they get to grips with the community.
- Builder: The server's main contributors. They create most of the content by hand.
- Builders with Editor Lite, [E]-Lites: Builders can apply for limited WorldEdit perms to use for terraforming (usually on a small scale) their own projects.
- Editors: These are builders with permissions for WorldEdit and VoxelSniper. They handle minor worldediting requests on behalf of builders, as well as large terraforming projects such as rivers, mountain ranges etc.
- Moderators: Handle the administration of the server. They reply to builder applications, organise and moderate content creation, serve justice and officially represent the community.
- Coders: The technical backbone of the server, they maintain the complex workings 'behind the scenes.'
- Administrators: The founders and of the server, they are in control of the finances and hardware.
- Read the Application Guidelines carefully, they are very important. Then fill out the application form completely.
- As a word of advice, be sure to explore our server thoroughly before submitting your application so that you know what kinds of builds we are looking for. If you do not submit any images of builds, your application will be rejected.