Northterano Builder Application

Northterano

Mummer
What is your age?
13-16

In what country are you living?
Denmark

What do you like the most about GoT/ASoIaF?
I'm on season 5, and as of right now I fw Tyrion Lannister the most. He my dog. We like this .
By far, I'd say the most tense and gut wrenching battles were Blackwater and Castle Black vs Wildlings. Favorite battles.

What is your favorite build on our server?
Everything. It's perfect.

Why do you want to join our server?
I've been told it lacks builders, and I love GoT.

pic 10.pngpic 9.pngpic 8.pngpic 7.pngpic 6.pngpic 5.pngpic 4.pngpic 3.pngpic 2.pngpic 1.png

Did you follow the application rules?
You know nothing, Jon Snow

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hey Northterano, thanks for your application, hope you're enjoying catching up on the show, you'll see we've gone to a lot of trouble to recreate Westeros as described in the books (unlike the show sometimes!)

Well done with replicating the application house. As I hope you can tell ,we try to put as much detail and signs of life as we can into every single building on the server. Hopefully through this application process you'll see how this approach is carried across our different projects and styles and will give you the core skills to join the team.

You're off to a good start and I'm looking forward to seeing what you make next.

For your first challenge build, please make a Low Class Farmer's house in the style of /warp tarbeck and share screenshots of it in this thread.

Take note of commonalities between the houses (block mix, shape of roof, size of house, interior blocks, attic spaces, mezzanine platforms) and make a house that would fit into the Tarbeck town. It would be great if you could add a yard to it too.

If you haven't already, you can take a look at the Basic Building Guide for some more tips.

Please take your time to study the style in detail, and make sure to ask if you have any questions on the above feedback or the Tarbeck style.

Good luck!

Northterano

Mummer
Hey Northterano, thanks for your application, hope you're enjoying catching up on the show, you'll see we've gone to a lot of trouble to recreate Westeros as described in the books (unlike the show sometimes!)

Well done with replicating the application house. As I hope you can tell ,we try to put as much detail and signs of life as we can into every single building on the server. Hopefully through this application process you'll see how this approach is carried across our different projects and styles and will give you the core skills to join the team.

You're off to a good start and I'm looking forward to seeing what you make next.

For your first challenge build, please make a Low Class Farmer's house in the style of /warp tarbeck and share screenshots of it in this thread.

Take note of commonalities between the houses (block mix, shape of roof, size of house, interior blocks, attic spaces, mezzanine platforms) and make a house that would fit into the Tarbeck town. It would be great if you could add a yard to it too.

If you haven't already, you can take a look at the Basic Building Guide for some more tips.

Please take your time to study the style in detail, and make sure to ask if you have any questions on the above feedback or the Tarbeck style.

Good luck!
Sorry to get back to you so late, I've only just checked the website. I've not forgotten, and I still want to apply. Just wanted to be sure to not get thrown off program. Thanks.

Northterano

Mummer
Sorry to get back to you so late, I've only just checked the website. I've not forgotten, and I still want to apply. Just wanted to be sure to not get thrown off program. Thanks.

Good luck!
I spent some time going back and forth through Tarbeck, and other locations, I've gathered screenshots and insporation, and I've finished the build. I recorded a video but it's too large to send. Here are some pictures instead. I'm tired and I've missed a part of your message so I've not added a yard. I'm not satisfied with the interior, and I fucked up the roof cause I got confused, I'm not a builder so time'll see. I could've made it more compact with more details but I simply haven't explored the various blocks and decorational items enough to know the key blocks that'll add the final touch.

This is Alvin the Butcher's house. The thin oak log with an axe is a chopping block for slaughtering chickens. When you said low class, I wasn't sure how low... so I made the lad fairly poor. Floor's all torn with dirt, fur and planks, holes in the roof etc.

Attachments

• 2023-07-25_00.49.50.png
    2023-07-25_00.49.50.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
  • 2023-07-25_00.50.47.png
    2023-07-25_00.50.47.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
  • 2023-07-25_00.52.43.png
    2023-07-25_00.52.43.png
    911.4 KB · Views: 7
  • billede_2023-07-25_005742385.png
    billede_2023-07-25_005742385.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
  • 2023-07-25_00.50.31.png
    2023-07-25_00.50.31.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
  • 2023-07-25_00.52.58.png
    2023-07-25_00.52.58.png
    248.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 2023-07-25_00.53.34.png
    2023-07-25_00.53.34.png
    514.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 2023-07-25_00.53.58.png
    2023-07-25_00.53.58.png
    295.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 2023-07-25_00.54.13.png
    2023-07-25_00.54.13.png
    577.7 KB · Views: 7

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hey Northterano, great work with this Tarbeck house.

On the whole you've done a nice job, the shape, look and feel of the house is largely consistent with the Tarbeck style. I like the small details you've added like the woodchopping area.

My only small note would be that you could probably reduce the size of the chimney base and cut the wooden fence on the top so it's closer to these:
2023-07-25_20.44.58.png

Overall, well done!

For your next challenge, please build a middle class professional house in the White Harbor style of /warp gullsgate (the general style in the sprawl outside the main city walls). Houses in large towns will usually have a profession on their on the ground floor and residence upstairs, take a look at the styleguide at the /warp oldstyleguides and the finished houses in the White Harbor area for inspiration, and give the house some kind of profession that would make sense in White Harbor (e.g. carpenter/cooper/blacksmith/boat builder, netmaker etc).

Would be great if you noted in the post which profession you go with too.

Thanks again and good luck