Pronouns
he/him
What is your Minecraft username?
AleromC27

What is your age?
21-24

In what country are you living?
United Kingdom

Where did you first hear about WesterosCraft?
Searched online

What do you like the most about GoT/ASoIaF?
(FYI I've only read up to book 4 so far.)
To many good points to choose from but here goes!
- The world building & storytelling are stellar.
- The traits and characteristics of each house and how the characters are influenced by these for better or for worse.
- The way 'honour' is valued/respected versus how people manipulate it. 'Honour' doesn't equal 'the best interests of the people of the 9 realms'

One of my favourite moments was in book 4...

"Jon, could there be honour in a lie, if it were told for a ... a good purpose?"
- Samwell Tarly

Proceeds to lie to Ser Denys Mallister and Cotter Pyke to elect Jon as Lord Commander of the Night's Watch...I call that a pretty good purpose!

Basically, I nerd out about so much and can't wait to get into book 5.

What is your favorite build on our server?
Storm's End.
The grandeur of the fortress and it's lore in asoiaf brought me to visit the build earlier than others.
As it sits between medium and large castles it's easier to navigate than the larger castles and get my bearings.
Generally speaking I like the darker tones in the build despite it being a more southern castle.
The outer wall and landscaping is superb, it is an awesome representation based on it's lore.

Why do you want to join our server?
MC and asoiaf is a good combo in my books. The freedom to discover and appreciate the server is fantastic.

I'm passionate about building and this is a fun way to continue learning about techniques and shortcuts from the various mods. I hope to eventually get involved in permanent builds regardless of size/scale.

I also like the RP prospect which will hopefully be implemented in the future. Big fan of D&D so this would be awesome.

2023-07-30_15.39.41.png2023-07-30_15.40.09.png2023-07-30_15.40.29.png2023-07-30_15.41.21.png2023-07-30_15.41.41.png2023-07-30_17.17.28.png

Did you follow the application rules?
'You know nothing, John Snow.'

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey Flynn,

Thanks for the application, and glad to see your interest in joining the team!

Nice work with the apphouse, not seeing any issues there. I hope the exercise was a helpful introduction to our block pack and building style. For subsequent challenge builds, you'll be expected to build original houses of your own design, in the style of specific locations on our server. I recommend studying the elements of multiple houses in the style (furniture, timber frame patterns, rafter designs, etc.) and trying to synthesize them into an original creation. After each one I'll give some feedback.

For the first challenge, please make a medium-sized house in the style of /warp tortown. Let me know if you've got any questions about anything!

Reactions: Flynnothy

Flynnothy

Mummer
Pronouns
he/him
Hiya Emoticone,

Hope you are well.
I finally have Wifi in my new house so I'll be making steady progress towards my first challenge. I can't wait to share my original medium-sized house in the style of tortown!

All the best,
Flynn